• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Manual or instructions for a SEAMASTER DIVER 300M ZF.

Mixad

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/1/20
Hi there. I just received my watch a SEAMASTER DIVER 300M ZF.

Is there any manual or instructions how to use the watch properly and how to set it up without damaging anything. I don’t know if I had bad luck or wrong usage of my earlier replica as the crown to set the date and time stopped to screw down.

The movement is: Asian 2824 automatic movement decorated to Omega 8800 movement, black balance wheel, Same black balance wheel with four axis wave shape as genuine.

Just let me know the no-no’s and what I can do take take the best care of my new watch.

Thank you!

Pembo86

Horology Curious
21/2/22
Hi, out of curiosity which TD did you use? I’m looking to get one one of these myself

chentepilot

Known Member
7/11/18

Is there any manual or instructions how to use the watch properly and how to set it up without damaging anything. I don’t know if I had bad luck or wrong usage of my earlier replica as the crown to set the date and time stopped to screw down.

The movement is: Asian 2824 automatic movement decorated to Omega 8800 movement, black balance wheel, Same black balance wheel with four axis wave shape as genuine.

Just let me know the no-no’s and what I can do take take the best care of my new watch.

Thank you!
Well, the main way to not cross thread the crown is to be gentle and twist counterclockwise just a bit while pushing down, this way you make sure you catch the thread from the very beggining, I’ve had two Seamasters and haven’t had a problem yet, they do feel fragile though.

Reactions: Mixad

Schiznit

17/1/23
Sweden
I would like to know as well if there are any special precausions to take other than being gentle with the crown. Like, when winding manually, can it be over-wound or how to know when to stop windong and so on.

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Usually, automatics can't be overwound as opposed to manual wind.

But... You know... There's an invention from the 90s called "search engine", the best one out there being a web site called "Google", which can spit out answers like the following in 0.000034 seconds:

"If the watch has full power, the rotor inside the timepiece will simply stop spinning. Automatic watches are designed to stop powering the mainspring when it can't be wound anymore. It's not possible to over-wind an automatic timepiece."

Just sayin'... 😂

Schiznit

17/1/23
Sweden
Usually, automatics can't be overwound as opposed to manual wind.

But... You know... There's an invention from the 90s called "search engine", the best one out there being a web site called "Google", which can spit out answers like the following in 0.000034 seconds:

"If the watch has full power, the rotor inside the timepiece will simply stop spinning. Automatic watches are designed to stop powering the mainspring when it can't be wound anymore. It's not possible to over-wind an automatic timepiece."

Just sayin'... 😂
Thanks for the story but I didn’t ask about the rotor winding, I asked when manually winding an automatic. So I pull out the crown, turn the crown to charge the mainspring manually. Can I turn it forever or will it be bad for the mechanism?

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
You did not read what I wrote.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
There's a clutch mechanism to prevent the watch from being overwound. You can keep turning for hours if you want... There will be no resistance.

Reactions: 1MoreWatch

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
You will hear and feel it slipping at some point... It will make a very slight click sound or something similar. That's the coupling releasing and engaging again. A manual winding watch would show resistance at this point.

But again... This is all basic information that is really very easy to look up. 😂

Schiznit

17/1/23
Sweden
You will hear and feel it slipping at some point... It will make a very slight click sound or something similar. That's the coupling releasing and engaging again. A manual winding watch would show resistance at this point.

But again... This is all basic information that is really very easy to look up. 😂
Well not really obvious to look up seeing as these reps are not standard factory gen so I don’t know if they behave the same as if I google a gen model. However, I’m sorry for wasting your time.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Don't apologize. All good...

If your assumption is that replicas use different mechanical designs, you are completely mistaken. There are no alternative designs available. They all function by the exact same very basic concept.

So what is your question about exactly? Quality differences of reps and gens or how the mechanics of an automatic watch function?

If the latter, then I can tell you this: I saw that you purchased an SMP VSF recently.

First of all: Congrats! Top choice. You will be getting the best Omega rep of the SMP 300, in my opinion.

Your movement in this watch will be an Asian clone of the Swiss ETA 2824-2. The original is found in many mid-range and even expensive luxury watches.

The actual Omega caliber is of course a different animal. It's in-house, has "fancy" things like a co-axial escapement and other features that the reppers can't replicate, for technical or cost concerns.

But the Asian ETA clone, the original Swiss ETA and the fancy Omega caliber all have one thing in common: All three are automatic mechanical movements and can't be overwound. Because of the concept described in my posts above.

I hope it's a bit clearer now.

Last edited:
Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Schiznit

17/1/23
Sweden
Don't apologize. All good...

f your assumption is that replicas use different mechanical designs, you are completely mistaken. There are no alternative designs available. They all function by the exact same very basic concept.

So what is your question about exactly? Quality differences of reps and gens or how the mechanics of an automatic watch function?

If the latter, then I can tell you this: I saw that you purchased an SMP VSF recently.

First of all: Congrats! Top choice. You will be getting the best Omega rep of the SMP 300, in my opinion.

Your movement in this watch will be an Asian clone of the ETA 2824-2. The original is found in many mid-range and even expensive luxury watches.

The actual Omega caliber is of course a different animal. It's in-house, has things like a co-axial escapement and other features that the reppers can't replicate, for technical or cost concerns.

But the Asian ETA, the ETA clone and the Omega caliber all have one thing in common: All three are automatic mechanical movements and can't be overwound. Because of the concept described in my posts above.

I hope it's a bit clearer now.
Yes I have read alot about reps and so on I just did not know exactly how these clone movements operated, how similar they are in terms of function. Sometimes the gen crown is clockwise to set time but the rep is counter-clockwise and so on but this is good information and exactly what I needed. Thank you.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
You're welcome.

You do have a point that there will be differences due to the different movements used, for example different handling of the date complications etc.

But general rule (with a few exceptions, of course) is that basic mechanics between rep and gen will always be the same — simply because there is no other way to do it.

Have fun with the VSF. And be warned, the visual experience is so damn close to the real thing, you may eventually get addicted to reps (i.e. you WILL, actually). 😂😉

1MoreWatch

Supporter
Certified
15/10/22
Detroit

Thank you!
One thing that I do to screw-down crowns is put a dab of silicone grease onto the threads of the crown tube, especially on new watches. If it has a gasket it will help with water resistance also.

Reactions: Schiznit

omegafan91

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
27/12/22
EU
I would like to know as well if there are any special precausions to take other than being gentle with the crown. Like, when winding manually, can it be over-wound or how to know when to stop windong and so on.
I don't think it can be overwound. But the general rule of thumb is that you will start feeling resistance. This is the point when you stop.