• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lucy is the best kept secret on RWI

Grand_Nagus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/20
Where to start. Right to it then; I really can’t say enough good things about my experience buying from Lucy. In fact, I sort of don’t feel like saying anything at all. Why? Frankly I simply with I could have this TD all to myself. Her QA is out of this world. I contacted every TD in here and some gave me better attention and responses than others. I won’t name who, it’s up to the buyer to make their choice, but when I contact Lucy the first thing she brought up was that she would provide me with the absolute best QA around, the second was that she doesn’t offer discounts. Well, I ended up forgoing a few other dealers I also had a great experience with in favour of Lucy since I was about to spend $1000 and for the sake of a little bit of money I didn’t want to compromise the quality of my order. Am I ever glad I did. She ended up rejecting a couple of watches even without bringing them to my attention as they did not meet her exacting standard. When she sent me some pictures of the one she settled on I found what I thought to be some issues. She assured me that they weren’t representative of real life and that pictures can sometimes skew the actual look of the watch. Fast forward 2 weeks and I am thrilled with my purchases. She was right and I couldn’t find a single flaw regardless of how much I looked for one. Don’t get me wrong, like any dealer Lucy has her issues. The only one is that it can take her a while to reply. The best advise I read about her before I purchased is that you have to be patient and don’t get frustrated even if it takes a week to hear back. Someone said she isn’t for first time buyers as they can tend to get worked up in anticipation. I’d agree 100% as I was a first time buyer during my first order with her. But she’s definitely worth the wait. Think of it this way, Ralph Lauren can have his massive company build suits and you can buy them off the rack readily or you can wait a substantial amount of time and have him make you one personally. Lucy is the custom suit. I’ll take that fit any day.

TL;DR

I’m thrilled to have Lucy as my TD and its fantastic to have someone with the diligence she offers in this hobby. If all dealers were like her we would be blessed.

captaingarv

Looking Around
9/1/20
Wow! What a wonderful write-up. Really sums up all your experience with her and what one should expect while ordering from her. Personally loved the custom suit example. As patience is the key to everything and also to my first REP.
I am also in the queue for my very first rep. It's been more than a month since I have heard from her, she is probably busy finding the perfect one.
Hoping that it all turns out good and wonderful.

Cheers for your perfect watch, Wear it in good health.

Grand_Nagus

29/8/20
Wow! What a wonderful write-up. Really sums up all your experience with her and what one should expect while ordering from her. Personally loved the custom suit example. As patience is the key to everything and also to my first REP.
I am also in the queue for my very first rep. It's been more than a month since I have heard from her, she is probably busy finding the perfect one.
Hoping that it all turns out good and wonderful.

Cheers for your perfect watch, Wear it in good health.

Good choice and keep patient my friend and don’t be discouraged. It can take a while but rest assured you’ll get the best rep available in your model compared to any other dealer. Best of luck!

harmeetjollyy

7/8/16
Where to start. Right to it then; I really can’t say enough good things about my experience buying from Lucy. In fact, I sort of don’t feel like saying anything at all. Why? Frankly I simply with I could have this TD all to myself. Her QA is out of this world. I contacted every TD in here and some gave me better attention and responses than others. I won’t name who, it’s up to the buyer to make their choice, but when I contact Lucy the first thing she brought up was that she would provide me with the absolute best QA around, the second was that she doesn’t offer discounts. Well, I ended up forgoing a few other dealers I also had a great experience with in favour of Lucy since I was about to spend $1000 and for the sake of a little bit of money I didn’t want to compromise the quality of my order. Am I ever glad I did. She ended up rejecting a couple of watches even without bringing them to my attention as they did not meet her exacting standard. When she sent me some pictures of the one she settled on I found what I thought to be some issues. She assured me that they weren’t representative of real life and that pictures can sometimes skew the actual look of the watch. Fast forward 2 weeks and I am thrilled with my purchases. She was right and I couldn’t find a single flaw regardless of how much I looked for one. Don’t get me wrong, like any dealer Lucy has her issues. The only one is that it can take her a while to reply. The best advise I read about her before I purchased is that you have to be patient and don’t get frustrated even if it takes a week to hear back. Someone said she isn’t for first time buyers as they can tend to get worked up in anticipation. I’d agree 100% as I was a first time buyer during my first order with her. But she’s definitely worth the wait. Think of it this way, Ralph Lauren can have his massive company build suits and you can buy them off the rack readily or you can wait a substantial amount of time and have him make you one personally. Lucy is the custom suit. I’ll take that fit any day.

TL;DR

I’m thrilled to have Lucy as my TD and its fantastic to have someone with the diligence she offers in this hobby. If all dealers were like her we would be blessed.
Yes she is good ....but for my last purchase of noob pepsi she didn't reply so I had to buy from other TD

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

shaw

18/3/20
South Korea
Yes she is good ....but for my last purchase of noob pepsi she didn't reply so I had to buy from other TD

I have also placed an order with her since early November and haven't heard from her. Did she provide you an alternative watch or a refund?

Last edited:

harmeetjollyy

7/8/16
I have also placed an order with her since early November and haven't heard from her. Did she provide you an alternative watch or a refund?
No idea!!!! Just email her....she is a trusted dealer.so no worries

Deerstalker99

21/9/21
Yorkshire

TL;DR

Have to agree with this 100%. I took the plunge and ordered two watches from Lucy just before Christmas. I didn’t particularly experience any of the protracted delays that some members seem to have endured, but I can’t say that her communication was the fastest.

Both watches are superb and I would not hesitate to order from her again.

I felt that she was really trying her best for me and it was a very personal experience, rather than a few abrupt messages that I have had in the past from other TDs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk