• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Lucy comes through with a stunner!

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
In this hobby where we pretty much have to trust the judgment of someone in another country, there is no one better to put your trust and your money into other than Lucy. There was recently a bit of a kick up with some users complaining of long wait times for a response, or even an outright fraudulent act committed by Lucy. And I’m glad that she went on here to clear up the space to further reduce damage to her reputation. Lucy is a lot of things to us here in the forums, but she is not Amazon where you select a watch and two days later its at your doorstep. You are trusting her to (and take it from a lot of her satisfied customers) select you the best piece possible. She is doing the QC, making sure the movement is to her satisfaction and then will she send you the best possible. And what do you do? You just wait. You don’t have to go back and forth with the seller going off of bad angles on a QC pic to determine whether its a flaw or bad lighting. You don’t have to worry about a movement that sounds rough when you get it but on the timegraph it looks good. Just send Lucy a message and she will do all the work for you. With all that being said, let’s have a look at a Lucy acquisition.

I have always wanted an Explorer but always went for an homage. Don’t ask me why, I just had that notion every time I had an itch to get the most perfect watch for my collection. I went with the BP version with Asian automatic on 904L steel:

https://www.intime05.co/rollie/5915...ion-black-dial-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet.html

I didn’t want to go over my threshold so on Lucy’s advice I went with that. For reference I sent her the initial query on the first week of January during these times of COVID and I received it on February 11. During that time she was working with limited resources as the virus really decreased the amount of workers and also the closer it got to CNY the less number of people in the factories (according to Lucy). So if you happen to be reading this at a time when the world is back to normal, the wait time for your Lucy-approved watch should be a lot shorter than mine.

The watch is glorious. It wears superbly well, it has a lightness to it that you know you have it on, but it has such a nice feel to the way the steel hugs your wrist that you know you’re rocking a good rep. The movement is a joy to wind, not gritty at all and the crown pointing towards the 12 o’clock was a nice coincidence. I did struggle a little bit to remove the screws to size it and ended up gnawing the screw head but not too bad. I moved the micro adjuster all the way in and removed one link and it was perfect.

Do not worry when sending your money to Lucy and trust that she is your best hope when you’re about to invest in a piece. She is your eyes over at the factories and she will find the bad ones and get you the best one. She will test and make sure you are going to be happy with your purchase, because guess what, YOU’RE not over there to test and QC the product. So reach out to her, and just wait. And if it looks like she’s taking a while to respond, she’s the only one doing her business and she has a kid so be patient. Don’t go running all over the place claiming she doesn’t care about potential sales when she’s getting flooded in emails and she is doing her best to make sure everyone is being responded to and pieces are being sold.

P..DR..D

Regendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Watch looks gorgeous, well wear.

And an excellent TD review.

My order is in since before CNY and just waiting on the QC pics. Cant wait and went with her because of all the positive reviews, feck the wait if it's worth it, rather that than having to send it back.

Stay safe

Hayashi_yuna

3/2/17
Watch looks gorgeous, well wear.

And an excellent TD review.

My order is in since before CNY and just waiting on the QC pics. Cant wait and went with her because of all the positive reviews, feck the wait if it's worth it, rather that than having to send it back.

Stay safe

Thank you, I'm thinking of a JLC Reverso next from Lucy.

P..DR..D

Regendary Member
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Gonna see how my first double order works then go from there.

The reverse is very very nice.

Like a kid in a candy shop, so much choice.

YoitsJT

I'll admit it, I'm a lume whore...
Supporter
Certified
11/3/21
I purchased 2 from Lucy a couple of weeks ago as my first reps ever and I went with her because of reviews like this one!

Please let me know if you end up getting the reverso because I have been eyeing it up and would love to hear about it before I pull the trigger. Thanks!