• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Longines Hydroconquest

Allthenamesweretaken

31/7/21
Hey all, it would appear I've fallen in love with the Hydroconquest (GEN). I was out at a jumping event sponsored by Longines and I started looking at watches between the competition.

I've always kinda liked them but I'm now completely in love.

The L888 movement appears to be a ETA based movement at 25,500. Seems like it's a "mid" range movement??

Anyone have one? What's the good, the bad and the ugly???

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas
looks nice- was not familiar with that one- has a similar vibe to the Glashutte SeaQ.

let us know what you think and post pics if you pull the trigger

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
The Hydroconquest uses a Longines caliber L888.3, which is a derivative of the ETA caliber 2892. The Longines improves the power reserve to a massive 65 hours. It's one of the best movements you can get at this price point and any passable watchmaker can service or repair it relatively easily. Longines probably delivers the best bang for buck of any Swiss watchmaker and you can't go wrong with any of their pieces.

paywatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/11/21
There is nothing more to say!
A few years ago I had a Longines Legend Diver and stupidly sold it.. one day i will get another!!

Vaison

Horology Curious
23/12/22
USA
I have a gen Hydro which I bought only after seeing it in photos. I think it looks better in the photos than on my wrist. But if you're still in the market, I can give you the name of the AD who discounted mine roughly 23% during haggle.

philiusmaximus

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/2/14
UK
I have a Longines Hydroconquest Chronograph. Love it!
300m water resistance, a great movement that is found in omegas at twice the price.
I took it off the bracelet as I found it wore chunky and put it in rubber and now it looks smart as hell. Got different coloured rubbers as well so it mixes up the appearance when I feel like it.