• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Liv-ex, en primeur and so on

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Guys,
When I was young and stupid I had acquired an en primeur:

Petit Mouton 2007,
Armailhac 2008,
Duhart Milon 2010.

Some of them still give me a loss, some are doing so so.
Now, when I am bit more mature, thought about selling it. The dealer gave me a call back and said "-sir, you shouldn't sell it yet, now is a good time to buy it more".
I am not saying the dealer is dishonest, but also I bear in mind his commission is powered by me expesnes.
It's fair to say my knowledge about wine investments is zero.

What is your brutally honest opinion about these brands? Keep them with fingers crossed for further gaining in the value, or sell them asap?

Thanks

zinfan

Known Member
31/12/10
This is probably long after you've done something with these wines but I thought I might be able to offer some advice as I am a Lvl 3 Advanced Sommelier and currently a working winemaker in Sonoma, California.

2007 Le Petit Mouton de Mouton - at auction these go for around $150-175 UDS. Historically Le Petite hovers in that range regardless of vintage so its relatively unlikely to increase in value nor is more of the same wine a good investment

2010 Duhart Milon - Great wine for the money, If you got it en premeur then personally I'd just drink it. If you intend to sell its worth $85-90 at auction. It may go up 10% in next 2-3 years and will continue to develop for about 5-7.

2008 Armailhac - drink it now or unload it. Its not going to gain in value nor is it going to improve (in fact its already devolving in bottle) with age.

Please note that most auction dealers will charge a sellers commission of 20% some higher. I am active on Winebid and Spectrum Wine auctions and thats what they charge. Also, there will probably be a small insurance fee. If you do sell via a dealer make sure to read the contract carefully.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: k4jun

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
This is probably long after you've done something with these wines but I thought I might be able to offer some advice as I am a Lvl 3 Advanced Sommelier and currently a working winemaker in Sonoma, California.

2007 Le Petit Mouton de Mouton - at auction these go for around $150-175 UDS. Historically Le Petite hovers in that range regardless of vintage so its relatively unlikely to increase in value nor is more of the same wine a good investment

2010 Duhart Milon - Great wine for the money, If you got it en premeur then personally I'd just drink it. If you intend to sell its worth $85-90 at auction. It may go up 10% in next 2-3 years and will continue to develop for about 5-7.

2008 Armailhac - drink it now or unload it. Its not going to gain in value nor is it going to improve (in fact its already devolving in bottle) with age.

Please note that most auction dealers will charge a sellers commission of 20% some higher. I am active on Winebid and Spectrum Wine auctions and thats what they charge. Also, there will probably be a small insurance fee. If you do sell via a dealer make sure to read the contract carefully.

Hope this helps.

No mate, it's not too late. I enlisted them for sale, but after your post I'll revise the prices.
Many thanks for taking time for the reply, much appreciated!
Not sure what kind of watches are you in, but I know this and that about Omega and Rolex, so let me know if can help you anyhow.
Cheers