• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Let's talk vintage Daytonas with TheSociety & Friends!

scott223905

Horology Curious
1/12/20
Has anyone actually bought one of these WMF daytonas? How are they compared to JKF? My initial impression is sub-dial spacing seems to be a bit better than JKF, not sure about mod potential

Pics from Hont

diemuse

Patron
Certified
30/8/16
GER
Has anyone actually bought one of these WMF daytonas? How are they compared to JKF? My initial impression is sub-dial spacing seems to be a bit better than JKF, not sure about mod potential

Pics from Hont
From the pictures they seem to be unable to modify. Don ´t know where to begin: Cases are too fat, completely wrong (modern Daytona) shape, pushers are way too big, wrong (screw pusher like) crown, especially on the pump pusher models, wrong subdial spacing and crappy surface on the dials, fonts are all wrong, bezels too big, wrong font also etc etc etc... JKF does a far better job. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: p0pperini

Legology

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
22/10/22
Uk. Ire
07e842a340ebb07edf90cdc69dba7830.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
can you let me know where this watch was from? And what mods are done? This is a stunner

chris_oi

Looking Around
22/1/23
Germany
Thank you so much for this thread full of nice informations and pictures.
I stumbled across it as I am new here.
Does someone know if there are any "see-through" casebacks for the vintage daytonas marvellous is selling?
I want to order one and think the movement should be visible :)

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
Thank you so much for this thread full of nice informations and pictures.
I stumbled across it as I am new here.
Does someone know if there are any "see-through" casebacks for the vintage daytonas marvellous is selling?
I want to order one and think the movement should be visible :)
I think that the owners of Cartels seek to hide the movement and not show it, I would not recommend making it visible.

Reactions: diemuse

chris_oi

Looking Around
22/1/23
Germany
I understand your point, but I just want to see the column wheel work as this is the main reason I buy that watch.
Those JKF daytonas are the cheapest (and best looking) way I know to get such a movement.

ilikepateks

Horology Curious
10/5/23
Canada
What is the consensus on building an ST19 white dial 6262? Is it essentially a 6239 with a different dial? I know in gen the movement is different but I couldn't find much else.

diemuse

Patron
Certified
30/8/16
GER
What is the consensus on building an ST19 white dial 6262? Is it essentially a 6239 with a different dial? I know in gen the movement is different but I couldn't find much else.
You are right, in real there is a white outer track (in the white dialed version, in the black versions you have to take a look at the T SWISS T) in the 6262 and 6264 and the movement is the Valjoux 727 with 21,600 bph instead of the 18,000 vibrational speed in a Valjoux 722. I have never seen any significant difference in the case types of a 6239 and a 6262. For a rep it is only the dial with white or red outer track.

Last edited:

ilikepateks

Horology Curious
10/5/23
Canada
You are right, in real there is a white outer track (in the white dialed version, in the black versions you have to take a look at the T SWISS T) in the 6262 and 6264 and the movement is the Valjoux 727 with 21,600 bph instead of the 18,000 vibrational speed in a Valjoux 722. I have never seen any significant difference in the case types of a 6239 and a 6262. For a rep it is only the dial with white or red outer track.
Thank you for confirming.