• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just dropped my ROO Rubberclad for servicing!

Dan_lie

21/10/10
Hi guys,

Basically 2 odd months ago, i was getting ahead of my self and trying to grease the rotor to make it slightly quieter and i ended up gumming up the reversing gear....

Now my collection of reps is growing rapidly and i've realised how anal i am about flaws and wanted to part with my ROO as it just has to many! (for me atleast), so i decided i should get the reversing gear sorted before i sell it.

I found a very local watchsmith the other day so i popped in and had long chat with him about reps and so on. Hes not really a fan of chinese movements but as i was a young enthusiastic chap he said he would do a complete service on my ROO for me :-D

He not only does watches but clocks as well, he repairs them all in his shop and nothing is sent out to be repaired.

I printed out so many pictures of the secs@12 service done by modders on the forum so he knows exactly what to expect and do, i think he will be graphite treating it though. It didn't seem like he thought it would be a big job and said he will call me when its done.

I just hope the diver comes out soon enough so i can have a keeper as Audemars Piguet is one of my favourite brands!

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
I have now used Domi for all sorts of issues, including this kind.

This I did initially because I could not find anyone locally who wanted to touch my watches, but now I am used to having a parcel going to him on a regular basis. It works well.

Perhaps it all boils down to cost as much as everything else. Can I ask how much you will be charged?

Dan_lie

21/10/10
If im going to be honest, Im not sure yet... a standard service there on a gen auto chrono movement was £80 if i can remember correctly, so hopefully not much more.

I was seriously contemplating sending abroad, but im quite impatient sometimes and i like being able to drop off and collect.

Dan_lie

21/10/10
Just got back from collecting my ROO!

And to be honest it has taken a month, i may have had a quicker turn around sending it to a trusted modder.

Any way for £85 i couldn't complain, he said that he changed a few parts with ETA and now its on my wrist keeping great time.

It now winds smoothly and the chrono pushers are so much softer and easier to press, I am now a happy chappy!

I will definitely use him again for other watch repairs out of my knowledge base, i just need him to be a bit quicker!