• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Latest 3KF nautilus

Watchfan12b

Known Member
1/7/23
Bulgaria
The first link connecting the case and bracelet is sanded at and angle on the inside to make the radius of its movement a little wider. This makes the bracelet to wrap steeper around your wrist.

Looking at your pics your wrist is fine for the lug to lug size of the 5711 and the flexible end link wouldn't do much difference.
I would say get used to the look of an integrated bracelet design as it appears bigger than the actual diameter of the watch head suggests.
Yes, today I checked the daytona and the 5711 they look exactly identical in dimensions but the 5711 looks much bigger on the wrist, if I remember correctly from when I was trying to order a daytona on oysterflex my wrist was about 16.5-17cm(about 6.49inch) so it shoul be enough for the 5711 but at the first moment when i put it on yesterday I was a bit shocked 😂

Reactions: BIONONE

Watchfan12b

Known Member
1/7/23
Bulgaria
Hi guys so after a few days of wearing the 5711 I started to love it a lot but I have decided to sell it and get the rg version as I was first intending to do. So I will be puting it for sale here in the forum in a day or two. I wanted to ask you about your opinion on the price( ofcourse if it is bot against the forum rules, if it is please delete this post) so the watch was worn 3-4 times and it is almost like new but I know I can’t be asking for the price that I got it. So wanted to ask you what do you think is the fair price to ask for it?
Thank you in advance and hope you are doing great!

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
Hi guys so after a few days of wearing the 5711 I started to love it a lot but I have decided to sell it and get the rg version as I was first intending to do. So I will be puting it for sale here in the forum in a day or two. I wanted to ask you about your opinion on the price( ofcourse if it is bot against the forum rules, if it is please delete this post) so the watch was worn 3-4 times and it is almost like new but I know I can’t be asking for the price that I got it. So wanted to ask you what do you think is the fair price to ask for it?
Thank you in advance and hope you are doing great!
What mods have you done to it?

Watchfan12b

Known Member
1/7/23
Bulgaria
So now, what are you planning on getting next?
At the moment from the reps I have a daytona panda, rootbeer and a platona baguet on the way. I am thinking for something a little bit dressier like the rg 5711 or some datejust 36mm two tone. I wanted to get a day-date but unfortunately no good replica of it so this is still a dilema for me. I am open to all proposals 😄

Watchfan12b

Known Member
1/7/23
Bulgaria
Consider the Audemars Piguet 15450. It has a diameter of 37mm but it wears big on the wrist because of the long lug to lug dimension.

Yes I really do consider it, even I saw one tt plated from flandad and one day-date gmf tt plated from flandad again and a vsf datejust 36mm. All 3 of them look very very good, I just have a few things that bother me one js that i am in the EU and if there are problems with the customs it 780$ down the drain and the second thing I saw is that a few years back there were some problems with him, so I am not sure which way to go… I would love to buy the watch from ctime from who I always buy(really great Td by the way) and send it to Nikz for plating unfortunately I know he is not doing tt and rg anymore.. so still thinking what to do. By the way do you have any idea how long does a replated watch lasts if you wear it regualrly(1-2) times a week and not 3-4 times a year.
Ps: I can upload photos or videos of the watches that I liked from flandad if it is not against the forum rules

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Yes I really do consider it, even I saw one tt plated from flandad and one day-date gmf tt plated from flandad again and a vsf datejust 36mm. All 3 of them look very very good, I just have a few things that bother me one js that i am in the EU and if there are problems with the customs it 780$ down the drain and the second thing I saw is that a few years back there were some problems with him, so I am not sure which way to go… I would love to buy the watch from ctime from who I always buy(really great Td by the way) and send it to Nikz for plating unfortunately I know he is not doing tt and rg anymore.. so still thinking what to do. By the way do you have any idea how long does a replated watch lasts if you wear it regualrly(1-2) times a week and not 3-4 times a year.
Ps: I can upload photos or videos of the watches that I liked from flandad if it is not against the forum rules
I am not familiar with flandad, is he a trusted dealer? As far as plated watches, I am not a big fan. They'll eventually wear after time. I have a plated watch and it wearing off near the crown after hand winding. I understand that gold wrapping is better than gold plating because it is thicker and gives a truer colour. But one scratch on either plated or wrapped plating then it is game over for the watch. You may not want to wear it again.

Here is a red gold plated 15450. Yellow gold is also available.

Watchfan12b

Known Member
1/7/23
Bulgaria
I am not familiar with flandad, is he a trusted dealer? As far as plated watches, I am not a big fan. They'll eventually wear after time. I have a plated watch and it wearing off near the crown after hand winding. I understand that gold wrapping is better than gold plating because it is thicker and gives a truer colour. But one scratch on either plated or wrapped plating then it is game over for the watch. You may not want to wear it again.

Here is a red gold plated 15450. Yellow gold is also available.

No he is not a trusted watch smith, but it is said that he makes great plating and wrapping on watches with gen like colour. I will have to think a bit more as of what will I do and what will be the next watch but I definitely want to be a dressier gold one but we will see might get the daydate yg and send it to nikz for plating so that the colour will be gen like because I don’t like the colour of the yg plated watches from the factory

Dienekes

Known Member
15/2/22
Poland
Hello PP aficionados.

I could use a little of your help. Does the latest 3KF 5711 come with two different dial variants: with logo printed on two separate lines and boxed logo? Or is the newest offering only with boxed logo and pre 2019 dial is old news?
Kind regards,

Radosław

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Hello PP aficionados.

I could use a little of your help. Does the latest 3KF 5711 come with two different dial variants: with logo printed on two separate lines and boxed logo? Or is the newest offering only with boxed logo and pre 2019 dial is old news?
Kind regards,

Radosław
Pre 2019 unboxing it's old version

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
Hello PP aficionados.

Kind regards,

Radosław
Yes it does. You can choose between non boxed logo (Patek and Geneve written on two lines) and the boxed logo. Just tell your TD which version you want.

Reactions: Dienekes

capri_auto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
13/9/23
Consider the Audemars Piguet 15450. It has a diameter of 37mm but it wears big on the wrist because of the long lug to lug dimension.

I may be picking one of these up in the near future. My research indicates the clone movements are not very reliable, though so I am hesitant.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I may be picking one of these up in the near future. My research indicates the clone movements are not very reliable, though so I am hesitant.
I don't want to derail this thread any further but the clones of the 324 SC (PP) and the 3120 (AP) proved to be solid movements which benefit from a service of course like any other Chinese made movement.

It can happen with every movement that something breaks so enjoy these watches for what they are ;-)

... and to be honest - these clones - even not being comparable to the gen finish - look so much better than a decorated miyota with fake movement plates haha

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
I went ahead and ordered the grey from Puretime (lowest price from TD with discount code) they emailed to say QC would be 2-3 weeks which was a surprise, hopefully it won't take that long but patience is always key to this hobby.