• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which of my two PAM390s should I keep?

Lizard 1

17/7/14
So, I bought two PAM390 replicas. I believe one is an H-Maker and the other I'm not sure.

The lowdown is that I bought the one pictured on the Gunny as an H-Maker. The one on the PAM strap was THOUGHT to be a Noob, but not sure...

So, leaving to the experts that can look at these pics and maybe help me out. I want to keep the better of the two and sell the other lesser one. They both look amazing and I really love this watch. I think the Gunny one looks a little better, but want to know what I have for certainty so I can sell...

Here's the pics. For reference, the Gunny strap and PAM Strap will be what we describe these as.

Brodders

Known Member
6/4/13
Non constructive comment..... just remove the straps ask someone else to mix em up then pick your favourite of the two.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

p2766479

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
30/8/14
Non constructive comment..... just remove the straps ask someone else to mix em up then pick your favourite of the two.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

True, seems like you're thinking too hard on this one.

Dochere2

11/9/14
SC
From the first pic, top looks like H maker, bottom looks like Noob. Bottom CG clearly better. To tell if it's noob's v3, check the crown for the thin crown or open the case and see if it has the OP I clone movement. If so, I'd swap the dial and hands from the H maker into the noob, keep both straps, sell the remaining franken head and be done. If not, just keep the noob and both straps and dump the h-maker head...

Lizard 1

17/7/14
From the first pic, top looks like H maker, bottom looks like Noob. Bottom CG clearly better. To tell if it's noob's v3, check the crown for the thin crown or open the case and see if it has the OP I clone movement. If so, I'd swap the dial and hands from the H maker into the noob, keep both straps, sell the remaining franken head and be done. If not, just keep the noob and both straps and dump the h-maker head...

thats what I was thinking. Create a really awesome combo. But I'm afraid to really do it and think I should send off to someone to have done. Who is a great choice here in the US that won't take a year to complete the task?

Dochere2

11/9/14
SC
As for the back... I bought a Pam case tool off Amazon for about $45 bucks. I have also used sticky balls ($10), balls of tape, etc to get case backs off, though I prefer the right tool.

I pull apart watches I buy so often that swapping one like this really isn't that bad. I'd rate it a 2-3 out of 5 but that's just me. There is a tutorial for just such a swap on RWI somewhere though I am not exactly sure where. Either way, you'll be thrilled with the end result, given the excellent case and cg of the noob and the superb dial of the H maker. Throw on an gen asso or have a really substantial custom strap and you have a keeper for life.

When I screw something up or can't figure something out, I use a local guy in Cary, IL. He says "I have no love or respect for replica watch you know" but he sure doesn't seem to have an issue with taking my money for working on them, lol. The easiest thing to do is call around and ask if they will work on homage and replica watches. Most one man shows will be happy to oblige. I haven't paid over $75 for a movement swap and can't imagine it would be much different near you. Make sure whatever movement you decide to keep is fully serviced while they are in there...

Have fun!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
On the first pic
At the top with Asso strap: H maker
At the bottom with natural leather strap: Noob. But not a very last version with corrected "slim" Crown and the hands are clearly rose Gold

ALE

Lizard 1

17/7/14
On the first pic
At the top with Asso strap: H maker
At the bottom with natural leather strap: Noob. But not a very last version with corrected "slim" Crown and the hands are clearly rose Gold

ALE

So, Gunny strap is a Noob and the brighter, almost redish brown colored strap (Asso) is the H Maker? So, I had it backwards?

Is the redish strap one is the best version or do you like the idea of swapping parts to make a better single version and sell the other one?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
So, Gunny strap is a Noob and the brighter, almost redish brown colored strap (Asso) is the H Maker? So, I had it backwards?

Is the redish strap one is the best version or do you like the idea of swapping parts to make a better single version and sell the other one?

NO

Redish brown strap is the Noob (at the bottom of below pic)

H maker
PAM390front_zps13f831e5.jpg

Noob

Changing the hands and crown from H maker to the Noob you will get a more accurate rep

ALE

Lizard 1

17/7/14
Ahhh... Thank you, man! I LUUUUV this site!! So educational! Now the final question and I promise to not annoy anyone with noob questions...

Who can do the swap and change over? Within a reasonable timeline and service the movement to make it awesome.

Lizard 1

17/7/14
Is it taboo to ask who can do it? I just do not feel comfortable in doing it myself as my luck would have a lint piece under the crystal and have to redo, etc...

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
As for the back... I bought a Pam case tool off Amazon for about $45 bucks. I have also used sticky balls ($10), balls of tape, etc to get case backs off, though I prefer the right tool.

I pull apart watches I buy so often that swapping one like this really isn't that bad. I'd rate it a 2-3 out of 5 but that's just me. There is a tutorial for just such a swap on RWI somewhere though I am not exactly sure where. Either way, you'll be thrilled with the end result, given the excellent case and cg of the noob and the superb dial of the H maker. Throw on an gen asso or have a really substantial custom strap and you have a keeper for life.

When I screw something up or can't figure something out, I use a local guy in Cary, IL. He says "I have no love or respect for replica watch you know" but he sure doesn't seem to have an issue with taking my money for working on them, lol. The easiest thing to do is call around and ask if they will work on homage and replica watches. Most one man shows will be happy to oblige. I haven't paid over $75 for a movement swap and can't imagine it would be much different near you. Make sure whatever movement you decide to keep is fully serviced while they are in there...

Have fun!

+1 easy to do.