• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Konnichiwa from Japan

R&R_in_Tokyo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/1/17
Edit: one thing that's annoyed me a bit about the guy in Saitama (Suishodo in Tokorozawa) is that he cited ~7000 yen for waterproofing the SMP I gave him... and then without telling me, he spent a ton of time on it to get it done and upped that to 13000. At that point I've paid as much for waterproofing as the rep itself...

Good to know - I just realized we were talking about the same guys. Suishodo quoted me 35,000 to service my Navi - and he seemed really uneasy about doing it.

I'm looking to service and maybe waterproof my LMPO, but if this guy tends to hike prices I think I'll look elsewhere.

I have a feeling that there should be a place in the ???? area that would service it, and there was a rumor on some of the Japanese blogs that there's a place in Ueno which will service Reps.

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
Good to know - I just realized we were talking about the same guys. Suishodo quoted me 35,000 to service my Navi - and he seemed really uneasy about doing it.

Yeah; I got the feeling he's more of a glasses/jewelry guy who sort of branched out into simple watch stuff. Tried talking movements with him and he didn't understand or believe much of what I was saying -- like, I said I wanted to do a 2824 swap with a gen ETA and he didn't think I could get a gen ETA or that it would be swappable with the Chinese clone. He also didn't believe that my Omegas were just decorated Miyotas.

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
Crazy gaijin! There's no way you could possibly know what you're talking about! Lol

It was more like "I can't believe these aren't real!"

Even my crappy 21j SMP looked real to him. The IWC spitfire blew him away. He showed me some of the stuff he was working on... daytonas with quartz movements, a couple of really ugly subs, and a Cartier something or the other.

Oh, he does AR, but only 1x, very green, and only on glass; he maintained that it's impossible to put AR on sapphire, so I just let that one go too.

I figure I'll have to keep scouring listings for glasses + watch shops until I find someone who CAN do it...

arayo

Known Member
14/2/19
Hi guys, greetings from Japan as well!
I hope i'm not too late to join the group.
Its great to see People in Japan sharing the same hobby.
Are you guys still active?