• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Kobold - badass watch-so easy to rep.

pamlover

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/06
KOBOLD - look at this guys, this is so cool and outstanding watch, looks so easy to rep. no pearl, no see thru caseback etc. Gen is 5k!! Guess it's match really perfect with HUMMER H1!!!! or a tank.

JCM1662

Renowned Member
6/6/06
never heard of the watch until now - pretty bad ass and their web site is good. 42mm though, so a bit undersized for my 44+ tastes, but your right - it like it would be a fairly easy watch to rep.

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
Kobold has been one of the preferred diver watches for awhile now from what I understand. Some of the base models are ETA mov's but their casings are pretty industry standard-raising badass mofos, particularly for harsh conditions.

Given their ETA engines on gens, this should be fairly easy to rep.

Besides, one doesn't even have to look like a tool with a submariner rep, walking into AD's; with Kobolds, you won't get called out... by anyone!

(Then again, there is very little incentive for rep manufacturers to rep timepieces that are so specialized and obscure, if there is no "(fake) I'm rich biyatch" factor.)

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Exactly right, 'fighter. You don't see Kobold reps for the same reason you don't see Sinn, Glycine, Doxa, UTS, Oris, and others repped (or at least repped often). Too obscure for there to be enough demand to commission a manufacturing run.

cooter

24/2/07
You can't argue with this

<center>
poster.jpg

</center>

check out their site and search for kobold here, lots of information

pamlover

30/6/06
What about Bell&Ross ,we can see so many of them so why not Kobold?

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
peepshow said:
Exactly right, 'fighter. You don't see Kobold reps for the same reason you don't see Sinn, Glycine, Doxa, UTS, Oris, and others repped (or at least repped often). Too obscure for there to be enough demand to commission a manufacturing run.

Yeah, I second that. Far too obscure to bother repping. I like the 7750 aviator version. All PVD aswell. Waaay overpriced though, for what it is :roll:

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
the real question is.

can i beat a horse to death with it

tonibari

21/10/06
Novesh said:
the real question is.

can i beat a horse to death with it

I bet you could use that thing as a hockey pug and not even put a dent into the case.

Pretty cool, I wish they would rep Sinn, Doxa & Oris very cool watches and nicely designed. Especially the higher end Sinns are cool. What surprised me was I couldn't find a AD in Frankfurt Germany that actually carried the brand. They did know of the Sinn when I asked.

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
well said enzo..paneristi love to take pictures while sunbathing on the beach .. LOL and on the tables while gtg ..thats all they know..think about it...im lucky im not one of them LOL ..

pamlover

30/6/06
and changeing straps, like my 5 years old sister clothes on her barbie doll

ultra

Horology Curious
9/3/07
Just a PIC of my Kobold......

Its a "Polar Surveyour" and its a blast :D :D :D
PICT0010.jpg

PICT0011a.jpg

I am waiting for another "arctic watch" an Ultimate Arktos 092 from Andrew, any experiences of the 092?????

Regards

Ultra

ultra

Horology Curious
9/3/07
No opinon on "arctic watch" an Ultimate Arktos 092

?????

Thnx
Ultra

robc_uk

25/11/06
cooter said:
You can't argue with this

<center>
poster.jpg

</center>

check out their site and search for kobold here, lots of information

How can you tell the Sopranos is coming to an end??

Is there anything this man won't advertise?

Rob

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
i would never ever rep this watch....because of the name....anybody knows what KOBOLD means ?

what a stupid name !!......why not name it Klabauter ?

they started out....being made from SINN......long years ago

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Kobold, Sinn, Fortis, Doxa ... they're all to cheap in genuines to bother repping. Also, most of these watches are bought for their features. They're proper tool watches that sell on their merits more than their names. Why bother getting a copy of a tool watch if the copy cannot be used like the original?

ultra

Horology Curious
9/3/07
horologie_unitas said:
i would never ever rep this watch....because of the name....anybody knows what KOBOLD means ?

what a stupid name !!......why not name it Klabauter ?

they started out....being made from SINN......long years ago

Kobold is the family name, owner Michael Kobold. (Like Lacoste-Henri Lacoste/ Patek Phillipe/ Mr Patek+Mr Phillipe/ etc etc)
Quite common to use a family name.... :D

rower

3/10/06
Here is my Kobold...

No longer produced.

ef9cea7358.JPG

It is called the Kobold Endurance B

Enjoy...

Steve