• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam 505 DLC

collector00

5/8/15
Hi guys...

was looking at pam 505 to include into my collection..

noted that KW pam 505 uses DLC casing and according to following link, pam 505 should be ceramic:
http://www.worldwatchreview.com/2012/11/01/panerai-radiomir-composite-black-seal-3-days-pam505/

is DLC = ceramic?

and of another link, it stated:
How does Panerai Composite reality stand against the expectations? Some quotes will help find out:

It reacts with many things like plastics, skin etc:

"... all our Pam comes with the protective cover but NONE for the Composite 504 & 505. Their (Panerai's) explanation - the cover may leave a "mark" on the composite coating... That's what they say !!!"

"I owned a PAM 505. After two months a discoloration appeared at the 12 o'clock position. "

i quoted from this link: https://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/153738-*PCTeam*-KW-PAM-505-quick-review

i'm quite confuse hence would like to ask, will DLC fade off?
is DLC = caramic?

thanks in advance for the advise

PANERA

I'm Pretty Popular
27/11/06
Dlc is not ceramic and dlc not fadeoff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

collector00

5/8/15
Dlc is not ceramic and dlc not fadeoff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks bro!
so KW pam 505 isn't using same material as the gen watch...
read that it was super rep hence i tot same material.. ar haaaa

Evora

I'm Pretty Popular
30/10/13
Ceramic case reps use the "same" material as per gen, so these are made of ceramic (PAM292,508, 441...)

Gen PAM505, 375, 386, 504.. aren't made of ceramic but brown composite, which is really light. All these repped models are made of Stainless Steel or Titanium for some of them to gain some wieght, but always with a DLC treatment to give the same dark brown composite color as per gen.

So, the main flaw regarding the "composite" reps is the weight, even if made of DLC titanium, these are heavier than the composite gen ones.

Hope this helps,

Evora

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Ceramic case reps use the "same" material as per gen, so these are made of ceramic (PAM292,508, 441...)

Gen PAM505, 375, 386, 504.. aren't made of ceramic but brown composite, which is really light. All these repped models are made of Stainless Steel or Titanium for some of them to gain some wieght, but always with a DLC treatment to give the same dark brown composite color as per gen.

So, the main flaw regarding the "composite" reps is the weight, even if made of DLC titanium, these are heavier than the composite gen ones.

Hope this helps,

Evora

Nice post Evora
Rep points added
ALE

collector00

5/8/15

Hope this helps,

Evora

Thanks for the info!!
Previously I googled n the sure stated it as ceramic hence was confused..