• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just Arrived ZF RM055 Yas Marina

porschelover199

Horology Curious
27/4/17
USA
I just received my ZF RM055 Yas Marina yesterday and I'm happy to say it is my absolute favorite rep I've purchased so far! The NTPT case is so good, I can't take my eyes off of it. Not to mention wearing a RM055 Yas Marina during the Grand Prix race on TV was pretty fun. Only issue I've noticed is the NH05 stutter, which I'll hopefully have modded out (PM if you're a modder in the US that can help, I don't trust myself enough to take it apart).
Highly recommend anyone on the fence about this watch to take the plunge. I had a great experience ordering this with Andrew at Trusty Time. Here are some fun pics of the watch for you guys!
jt6j6X.jpg
jtngFI.jpg
jtncl4.jpg
jt6zvi.jpg

porschelover199

Horology Curious
27/4/17
USA
No NH05 in the Yas, that's a 6T with no stutter

Is the NH05 in the RM035? Trusty time has the Yas listed on their site as a NH05 and I emailed them to confirm it. I just assumed the NH05 was a slight variation of the NH05A which has the the rotor wheel in the back in the RM035.

Sent from the RWI App

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Is the NH05 in the RM035? Trusty time has the Yas listed on their site as a NH05 and I emailed them to confirm it. I just assumed the NH05 was a slight variation of the NH05A which has the the rotor wheel in the back in the RM035.

Sent from the RWI App

Yep, the NH05 is in the RM35 (v1-v3) and the RM55 Bubba; the 6T is in the Yas Marina, White Legend, and the RM35 v4. As far as I know all of the TDs have it listed as an NH for every one of these watches, but you can clearly see that the Bubba and White Legends have different movements behind the deco. THe NH is smaller, so if you see movement sticking out past the gear between 7-9 on the dial it's a 6T. The NH stuttered a lot because of how the second hand works, but the 6T is both a hi-beat movement and doesn't stutter.

halo3

Known Member
1/5/21
Been on the fence on this one, but have been a bit hesitant because I am hoping a V4 will be coming soon. I saw on some other threads here that there were rumors about a V4 releasing shortly after the Chinese New Year. I talked to trusty and he said no news but does anyone here have any insight?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Been on the fence on this one, but have been a bit hesitant because I am hoping a V4 will be coming soon. I saw on some other threads here that there were rumors about a V4 releasing shortly after the Chinese New Year. I talked to trusty and he said no news but does anyone here have any insight?

ZF RM35 v4 is out, has been for a couple months. Don't know how available it is either before or after CNY but a few folks on here have one.

halo3

Known Member
1/5/21
ZF RM35 v4 is out, has been for a couple months. Don't know how available it is either before or after CNY but a few folks on here have one.

Thanks for the response, I have seen the V4 of the RM 035 but the RM055 is more my taste. I was more so asking about a potential V4 of the RM055

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Thanks for the response, I have seen the V4 of the RM 035 but the RM055 is more my taste. I was more so asking about a potential V4 of the RM055

There isn't a v4 of those either. There's the white ceramic Bubba, which is being sold as a "v2" currently with no differences from the v1 that anyone can see, and there's the White Legend and the Yas Marina variants, which are entirely different watches and not iterations of the same. If you're looking for a white Bubba, grab the ZF or wait to see if any of these rumored clone movements show up.

Reactions: NickNickNickk

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
Interesting to me as this watch model named after a place near to me like just 49 minutes away from where I am...

halo3

Known Member
1/5/21
There isn't a v4 of those either. There's the white ceramic Bubba, which is being sold as a "v2" currently with no differences from the v1 that anyone can see, and there's the White Legend and the Yas Marina variants, which are entirely different watches and not iterations of the same. If you're looking for a white Bubba, grab the ZF or wait to see if any of these rumored clone movements show up.

Thanks for the response, The one I was looking at was the White Legend. It is marked as V3 on trusty's website, so I was hoping there would be a V4 hopefully soon. But it is interesting that you say they are not iterations, good to know! Could you elaborate a bit on that part? Thank you!

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Thanks for the response, The one I was looking at was the White Legend. It is marked as V3 on trusty's website, so I was hoping there would be a V4 hopefully soon. But it is interesting that you say they are not iterations, good to know! Could you elaborate a bit on that part? Thank you!

You see the version (v1, v3, etc) on the same watch to differentiate the batches (basically), and it usually comes with an improvement. Noob used to make incremental improvements every now and then and release a new version of the same watch. It's pretty common now to label things like that on the websites because it makes it look like it's new, similar to how every single rep is listed as the "best edition 1:1" no matter what. It's mostly marketing at this point and I think it's confusing because in this case the watches aren't the same model with incremental improvements, but separate models. It's like if someone came out with a black dial sub, and then changed the dial and bezel to green and sold it as a "v2" when it's a separate model.

That said, the White Legend and the Yas Marina DO have a couple improvements over the white ceramic Bubba, but I think the version labeling is confusing marketing nonsense. The White Legend was the third to come out, but it isn't part of a lineage of improvements on the same watch. It gets worse when they rereleased the Bubba with the NH05 movement instead of the 6T and call it a "v2" when there's no changes at all, it's just part of the second batch of watches that ZF made after a hiatus for most of 2021.

Teknique

Horology Curious
23/5/22
How easily can the watch be serviced / movement swapped for a gen Seiko?

H1GG1N5

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/9/22
Amazing looking watch in a great color. I would love to add one like this to my collection.

Thanks for posting!!