• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC UTM ZF vs GF v4

Gyan

Looking Around
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/4/22
How good is the decorated movement on the GF V4 compared to the gen? Is there any flaw that could be spotted with the naked eyes? Many threads here are about the dial, but pretty hard to find a thread about the back of UTM.

stuxnet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/21
How good is the decorated movement on the GF V4 compared to the gen? Is there any flaw that could be spotted with the naked eyes? Many threads here are about the dial, but pretty hard to find a thread about the back of UTM.

The modified Miyota 9015 version is quite well decorated in comparaison to the gen I have to say. Both GF and ZF have done a great job regarding decoration of the Miyota movement. The Dandong clone is of course even closer to gen, but needs to be serviced on arrival as I have heard from different sources that they are not the most reliable types of movements. One thing to highlight though, compared to the ZF version, the visible gold-coloured engravings on the movement parts on the back are not very good/accurate on the GF V4 version. It might even just be printed instead of engraved. In my opinion, ZF has a better finish regarding the writings on the back and overall finish, yet I find the rotor color/aspect closer to gen on the GF V4.

sagewatch

Known Member
Certified
21/10/22
Curious to hear if anyone has more experiences with the ZF vs. GFv4 since this thread started. Or is the updated MUT on the horizon?