• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC Master Ultra Thin Moon GF V3 vs V4 movement

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
Sorry to hear about the issue you are having. Im still new here but I did read through many posts and yours looks like the Mioyota 9015 so should be easy to get fixed. There is a post showing the difference between the clone movement and the Miyota - the clone has a little screw or hole right in the middle of the blue screws for the rotor.
Probably someone more knowledgeable will confirm.

Im still waiting for QC on mine but it should come with the Miyota as well.

If you can, please update us here on how it goes with getting it fixed.
Thanks for the help, i was hoping for it to be the miyota :) will definetly keep you guys updated.

Reactions: stuxnet

Saul Goodman

Supporter
20/1/19
Germany
There is a post showing the difference between the clone movement and the Miyota - the clone has a little screw or hole right in the middle of the blue screws for the rotor.
By the way thanks for the explanation. I had read the thread and seen the picture with the red circles but i just could not make out the difference. Now that you told me the difference its just so obvious, i cannnot believe i did not realize it xD

sandas1002

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/22
SPAIN
Apart from the movement I do not see any differences with V1, maybe somebody with a more discerning eye will weigh in. If the change is only the movement that could be a negative to many. I wonder if the clone movement they use provides 70 hours reserve like the the Gen.
Its good to know that they come out with new (and hopefully) improved versions as there must be demand for this watch. Too bad they didn't copy some of the changes in the Gen like the applied logo.

LowBrightness

28/5/21
Apart from the movement I do not see any differences with V1, maybe somebody with a more discerning eye will weigh in. If the change is only the movement that could be a negative to many. I wonder if the clone movement they use provides 70 hours reserve like the the Gen.
Its good to know that they come out with new (and hopefully) improved versions as there must be demand for this watch. Too bad they didn't copy some of the changes in the Gen like the applied logo.
I would assume that it wouldn't have 70 hours. The ZF V2 is still a rep of the older gen model (Q1368420) with less power reserve. The newer gen model (Q1368430) with 70 hours has different indices.

Reactions: Kaloc

Guiltycat

Supporter
Certified
31/8/22
I have a GF V4 mut, whenever the seconds hand moves over the 5 o’clock marker it jumps a little more than usual. It consistently does it and it’s very strange.. I don’t mind it but would that likely mean theres a minor fault/issue in the movement?

sandas1002

30/9/22
SPAIN
Received my MUT GF V4 last week but only got around to wearing and examining it today. Everything works fine and love the thinness. Its been 24 hours and so far its added about 3 or 4 seconds only. The strap is so so and I am waiting for one that I ordered from ziczac.
The dates are impossible for me to read though, even with Mr.Magoo strength reading glasses :)
Perhaps in black the contrast helps.

reptastical21

25/3/20
I have not checked Trusty's website and I might be misunderstanding you but let see if I can help you, the date changes in 3 scenarios:
  1. While working as usual at 0:00 a.m.
  2. While setting up the hour using the crown and you get pass the 0:00 hours.
  3. Using the the recessed button at 4 specifically designed to adjust the date.
I have issues to adjust the date using the button if the hour hand is near past 12, but is not really a problem.
You're not supposed to change the date when the hour hand is near the 12 on ANY watch. You're going to ruin the movement.

Reactions: Typer44

tickingbracelet

Horology Curious
25/12/22
usa
According to Steve at theonewatches it's mainly the movement, apparently same with GF v3->v4 going from miyota to clone