• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC Master Geographic - minute hands don't match each other. Please help!

zewthenimp

Horology Curious
3/8/21
  • The main minute hand and the 2nd time zone (bottom subdial) don't match, are approx 25 minutes apart. I cannot figure out how to sync them.
  • Here is a video (in Chinese) showing how the watch works. Around 3:00 it shows how you can freeze the subdial hour hand by going backwards. It shows how you can make a tiny adjustment (going back and forth slowly) to sync the minute hands when they are slightly off. When I try this, it allows for a buffer zone of ~5 minutes before both minute hands move together.
  • This video shows me spinning the crown. The minute hands move with each other.
  • I've tried simply wiggling back and forth to see if they eventually sync. Here is a video of me doing that, to no avail.
  • Movement is Miyota 9015
Can anyone help - am I just missing something? If not, can this be easily serviced, asking a watchsmith to simply match the subdial minute hand to the main one?
dqe6t863bur71.jpg

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Bump
Did you ever sort out this issue..

Curious as i have an interest with this watch and may purchase but curious to know how the second time zone dial works, or if it works at all ?

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
I have figured this out......
You can adjust the 2nd time zone independently. Its finnicky as FUCK to do it but it can be done. You basically need to turn the main hand backwards. In doing this, it locks the hour hand on the sub dial to the hour you want. When you spin the main hand backwards, only the minute hand on the subdial moves - the hour hand stays locked. You need to keep mucking around with it until you set the subdial hour ( and AM / PM ) to the zone you want or just to match it up with the main hand so the main time and subdial time are synced.

Ive just set mine to Athens time on the subdial and my local time in AUS on the main dial. The City indicator just moves manually - no sync there all.
Now it shows 4 AM on the subdial for ATHENS and 4PM on the main dial for my local time in AUS.