• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 15400 + Vic

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
Here are some pictures of the strap that arrived today from the Master...
See for yourself what a new strap can do with the 15400.
It's not everyones color choice perhaps but I wouldn't change it for anything else.
Thank you Vic for this!

21_zpsui7bx6nd.jpg

22_zpsi6wcqkfy.jpg

23_zpsmqvtlje0.jpg

24_zpshjz6oojd.jpg

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
Thank you, yes I really like the color combo and how it change the watch from a dress watch to much more.

chris9

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
Stunning combo you have there. Looks amazing!

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
Thank you [MENTION=46165]chris9[/MENTION]. Yea I'm really pleased and it will be interesting to take it outside in the sunlight to see what that does with it's color.

atozzotas

7/1/15
That strap really compliments the watch, I ordered something similar for an AP roo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
Very nice combination.
I agree, looks like a less sporty,
more dressy Safari.

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
Thank you all for your appreciation of the watch/strap combo!
[MENTION=39635]mike 8[/MENTION]

That what you say was one of my main goals with this strap to the watch, but I looked at it the other way around.
Wanted to make an dressy watch a little bit less dressy with some sporty influence :smile:
To make it more an everyday watch without taking the beauty from it.

JL123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/10/10
In the first pic, the right plot seem to have an extra gap on the left side?

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
[MENTION=32087]JL123[/MENTION]

It's indoor lightning and with that you see all the small details, and you are right there is a small gap there but when you look at it from normal distance and in real life, you dont see it.
So, it doesn't bother me at all :smile:

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
Thanks for sharing. This is my favorite hide and i have made all kinds of straps from it. It is an oiled alligator that develops a stunning patina in time adding, it has great character.

BoredPanda

1/4/16
Here are some pictures of the strap that arrived today from the Master...
See for yourself what a new strap can do with the 15400.
It's not everyones color choice perhaps but I wouldn't change it for anything else.
Thank you Vic for this!

21_zpsui7bx6nd.jpg

22_zpsi6wcqkfy.jpg

23_zpsmqvtlje0.jpg

24_zpshjz6oojd.jpg

Is the brown tones light? Or isit largely due to the bright light source?

Thanks for sharing. This is my favorite hide and i have made all kinds of straps from it. It is an oiled alligator that develops a stunning patina in time adding, it has great character.

Vic, you have this hide always? Or is it only a temporary run.

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
Is the brown tones light? Or isit largely due to the bright light source?

Vic, you have this hide always? Or is it only a temporary run.

The hide is very nice and it opens up in the light, it is not a mono color, it has different shades of brown which gives the strap a nice depth and character.

I have some more of this hide but not for long, as i'm running out of it fast. I've been trying to get some more for the last 10 months without success.

BoredPanda

1/4/16
The hide is very nice and it opens up in the light, it is not a mono color, it has different shades of brown which gives the strap a nice depth and character.

I have some more of this hide but not for long, as i'm running out of it fast. I've been trying to get some more for the last 10 months without success.

Was thinking this might be a good match for Cartier Santos 100 xl, or do you have better strap suggestion for that?
You will require the rep strap to make that strap eh?

SMP_lover

Strap mastermind
Vendor (Strap Maker)
13/12/10
Was thinking this might be a good match for Cartier Santos 100 xl, or do you have better strap suggestion for that?
You will require the rep strap to make that strap eh?

This hide is a good match for pretty much anything, so why not make a santos strap. Yes i will need the rep strap as donor as i don't have the inserts.

w0rn

Supporter
19/7/15
@BoredPanda

Here you have an picture of the strap/watch taken in natural light on a cloudy day, and you can see that it shifts in color pretty much depending of the light.
I'm so pleased with just how it's so living in that sense, color wise.

AP15400_1_zpss6r0pwbx.jpg