• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5.3MM Case Tube Tap Needed for DW Daytona Pusher Replacement

amedman

27/7/06
I would like to fit DW pushers in a Daytona cartel case. Currently the pushers are press fit so I need to tap the hole to accommodate the DW's. The tap size is the same used for a Rolex 5.3mm case tube and is M2.5 x 0.25. Where can I get this tap? I know ofrei has it but it is really expensive for a tap. Anyone have a reasonable source for these taps or a spare they would want to sell, borrow, or rent me? Maybe a kind sole could tap it for me? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

apah

Horology Curious
28/7/13
Daytona ProHunter

Does anyone happen to know if there's a difference between puretime's daytona prohunters and the others (trusty's etc.)?

amedman

27/7/06
I am still looking to get this done. Can someone suggest a person here that would be willing to tap this for me?

Ko67

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
5/4/13
Ebay seller power-stores09 is a chinese toolmaker that sells m3x.35 taps for cheap prices. If you actually need the .25 pitch (like tc uses for tubes) rather than .35 pitch (like rolex gen) the only source i have found is a company called thorlabs. Google will help.