• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Diamond crown, comfortable ?

magagne

Known Member
28/7/07
I have an eye on the 3255, silver dial, 39mm Father & Son version that has the diamond crown.
Want to know for those of you who own the big pilot for exemple or Archimede Flieger, etc. if a diamond crown give some discomfort, or worst, even hurt your top hand when you lift your hand... I'm worrying about the edge of this type of crown. I remember that my Sinn 356, edge of the crown was so edgy/machined, that hurt my hand, any similar pain with a diamond crown? Thanks to share.

pancorjackhammer

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/15
If you wear it very tight and very low on your wrist, it does push against the top of your hand sometimes.. make sure to remove the watch before doing hand stands : )

Steelwatch

5/12/16
No Pain, I have a ZF BigPilot, a Gen Laco, a Steinhart 47mm, two Tourby BigPilot s with Diamond Crown. But your wrist Is Even different.

magagne

Known Member
28/7/07
If you wear it very tight and very low on your wrist, it does push against the top of your hand sometimes.. make sure to remove the watch before doing hand stands : )

This is exactly what I'm worrying about (I'm not talking about doing hand stands here :B: of course) because I wear my watch pretty low on the wrist, not tight, but little loose that it go over the wrist protrude bone near the hand. So base on SteelWatch above, it can be uncomfortable, but not painful due to the diamond "cutting edge".