• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rub marks to omega Cr PO crystal

Carrick1

30/8/15
Hi all,
im surprised to be writing/asking this. I picked up a Omega Cr PO noob version. Which IMO is fantastic. Quality and finish to me was spot on. I don't wear this much as I keep it for special events. I had the opportunity last week to attend a black tie dinner, so naturally I wore the Cr PO. The next morning I noticed rub wear scratch marks on the crystal just at the edge from 4-6pm on the dial. I thought It was just a mark at first and could just buff/wipe this off But no , seems it's more or a rub/ wear mark from my double cuff shirt. I thought the crystal would be made of better quality and would take more abuse than that.
Has anyone has the same experience???
any ideas if I can fix it or do I need the crystal replaced , if so who do you recommend , I based in the UK.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Robert11

15/11/15
It's hard to tell from that picture what it looks like bubbles are you sure you don't still have the plastic film protector on it?

Sent from my satellite phone.

Carrick1

30/8/15
No there's no plastic protective cover on it, might it be aftershave I may have put some on before i left for the event. Can it be removed/fixed???

processengr

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/15
Things like sunscreen, aftershave, perfumes, hair tonics, acne medications etc can damage AR applied to ourside of crystal. Most gens only have AR inside of crystal.

nofitstate

20/7/13
Buff the whole AR off

Gesendet von meinem LG-H850 mit Tapatalk

This.

The outer AR on my old noob PO started to wear away. So I polished it off with some elbow grease and cape cod. Looked so much better! Just make sure you protect the bezel. Removing it completely is even better while polishing the crystal.

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Buff the whole AR off

Gesendet von meinem LG-H850 mit Tapatalk

This.

The outer AR on my old noob PO started to wear away. So I polished it off with some elbow grease and cape cod. Looked so much better! Just make sure you protect the bezel. Removing it completely is even better while polishing the crystal.

+2

I'm with these guys. Outer AR scratching is also very common on the genuine Omega crystals as well.

I received this Franken from exceloman last week and the crystal to be honest looked crappy. The AR had hairlines all over it....

I took some cape cod and automotive compound to it and the crystal came out flawless. One would have a hard time figuring out whether it's single or double AR coated even after removing the outer coating.

Check it out, crystal looks new:

4d0887151f6d0b28712c83fd87d82f6f.jpg

ced2b2d2de33dae401c8b339580dfaf3.jpg

0b6099b4f7cbd8349e69b6ffc62315db.jpg

e3f1ba1941cb24788808afa28a75156e.jpg

Carrick1

30/8/15
Thanks for all the info and feedback. I had made my decision before some of the posts. So I contact the seller Puretime who were very helpful and I purchased a replacement AR crystal. I then ask Dom at [email protected] who I found in the watchmaker section to install it he also waterproofed it. So all is well again , great job also by Dom, great communication & quick turnaround. Highly recommended :)