• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this a genuine Rolex 126610LV?

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
If I were to buy a Rolex that is represented to me as a GEN, I'd inspect and cross-reference the paperwork, then take it to a knowledgeable dealer and have him check it out. After all, we're talking thousands of dollars here.
If I got offered a $7K watch for $1K without any paperwork and the seller wants to meet in some parking lot, I know it's either stolen or fake, most likely the latter. Common sense goes a long way.

Reactions: Storm.

xwmbpx

Supporter
Certified
7/4/19
Have you ever heard of revision and regulating?

It's very normal for clone movements and Asian ETAs to run withing cosc.

Ask @Oascom or @Nikz19

Nothing funny about that. A timegrapher won't help you with verifying a watch 😂
I'm sure if we open up the case backs the movements are exquisite.
I'm sure reps wind so buttery smooth like a maple syrup gliding over a fresh warm pancake. My God are the reps amazing these days.
1:1 .... 98% similar to gen as approved by the experts.

bbc whatever GIF

All jokes aside. You are correct timegrapher won't tell you much if properly regulated.

• Haha
Reactions: Storm.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I'm sure if we open up the case backs the movements are exquisite.
I'm sure reps wind so buttery smooth like a maple syrup gliding over a fresh warm pancake. My God are the reps amazing these days.
1:1 .... 98% similar to gen as approved by the experts.

bbc whatever GIF

All jokes aside. You are correct timegrapher won't tell you much if properly regulated.
I'm sure you're trying to be funny, but the clones are actually incredibly good. A revisioned 4130 doesn't wind any different than a gen 4130.

Same goes for 3135, same story.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
The principles of the technology are hundreds of years old. Complicated, yes, but any watchmaker knows how to build a movement from parts. If the parts are well made and the watch is well assembled (tidy) and properly oiled & greased, I see no reason why it shouldn't work properly for many years. There are plenty of members here who can testify of reps which never went to service even after many years.