• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Introducing AMF Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15202ST v2 (dial update)

AMF

Trusted Watch Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/5/20
Happy to announce new upgrade that recently was developed. It is still based on ZF base model with further mods to improve the watch to more how it should be like.

Mods performed as on v1

Hand base shaved down and improved width
Bevel, brush and polish case and bracelet, make the bracelet feel smooth and nice
Silence the rotor (Miyota base movement)
Bezel screws realigned and polished
Alignment of markers and hands

Updated mods
Dial rework to be better and more correct in colour to gen. Stock dial is a little too dull and this further enhances the fully modded version of this. This is meticulous and very intricate work but we have strive for this upgrade to further improve the 15202 offering to be better .

zUOyUt.jpg

zUOIX5.jpg

zUO1Q2.jpg

zUOObF.jpg

zUO9RE.jpg

zUO6hn.jpg

zUO8n3.jpg

Added new picture:
zmzLHJ.jpg

zmzhtk.jpg

zmz2No.jpg

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Excellent work. This should have been posted in the Audemars Piguet (AP) sub-forum to get more exposure as well as a treat for AP fans. Congrats for a well-done job.

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Hi,
Did you mod the hand base ? The hour hand base seems large. Could it be set to the same size as the minute hand ? Thanks.

X24222

Known Member
Patron
12/1/22
USA
This looks wonderful! Question — know the dial mod fixes the blue color, but does it also create or add sunburst like the Gen? Here’s a pic of the gen from Reddit that captures it.

0dba11648b7d3a42eb58ff43f9e37673.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Flirj

AMF

Trusted Watch Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/5/20
This should have been posted in the Audemars Piguet (AP) sub-forum to get more exposure as well as a treat for AP fans. Congrats for a well-done job.
Will be posted in the AP sub-forum soon dear. Will taking more pictures in the next couple of days and show off in AP. Thanks for the kind words.

Did you mod the hand base ? The hour hand base seems large.
Yes, hand base has been modded. Due to the stock size and way it is machined every piece is unique and can not be done like the one before so there is only so much that can be trimmed without damaging the hands.

know the dial mod fixes the blue color, but does it also create or add sunburst like the Gen
The stock dial has a sunburst effect too but due to dullness of the dial it does not really pop much. With the dial mod it becomes more out there and more apparent overall. It greatly improves the look overall, we have worked on this for quite a while trying to develop satisfactory results for this mod and trashing many dials in the process. :D

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Ok, thank you. If you could take photos to see the sunburst effect, it would be great !

X24222

Known Member
Patron
12/1/22
USA
Thank you - glad to hear the sunburst effect is amplified with this mod - can’t wait to see more pics you will share in the AP sub-forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackmark

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/2/20
do you perhaps have some more HD pics of the 15202 in normal daylight?

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
Do you have custom hands for this steel 15202 since your 15202bc used custom hands?

riverSF

Horology Curious
20/8/22
San Francisco, CA
Just received my modded 15202 from AMF and very happy. With the exception of the removal of the pizza, the most obvious (and improved) difference is the dial. While still lacking in the full 'sunburst' effect (it's impossible to fully replicate the way the light catches the finely machined grooves in the true tapisserie pattern), it is a noticeable improvement. Posting some pics comparing it to a stock ZF to try to highlight the difference in the dial color.

The dial is a deeper, richer blue that changes color as you move it vs. the much flatter / dull blue on the stock ZF. There is also an almost lacquer-like coating on the whole dial that makes the peaks and valleys in the pattern pop more and overall enhances reflectivity / definition. In all cases except the last image, the modded 15202 is on the left and the stock ZF is on the right:

Here the modded watch is on the right (really shows the difference in color):

As for the other mods, the bracelet is definitely much smoother / nicer, but for the polishing, it isn't as arresting as it appears in the original posting. The stock ZF is quite polished / reflective as-is, so there wasn't much to improve on.

I ordered the watch in October '22 and just received it. It was definitely a wait but AMF communicated throughout the process and was a pleasure to deal with.

I also ordered their modded Meteorite Daytona which is in the mail and I will post pics there once I receive it.

CeramicLeaf

Horology Curious
17/8/20
Update:
I ordered my AP Royal Oak V.2 at the second week of January '23. I expect to receive my order within 1 month.

If you want to order @ AMF, it's possible you have to wait several months. So if you're impatient, don't order. I'm convinced that you always have to wait for quality. Not only for a watch but also for quality food, a new car etc.

If I'm satisfied with this order, I will order more. But first we wait patiently and write a review :)

Reactions: mcboom

Zees Watchdiary

Come on you Reds!
Gold Patron
2/1/22
D
Just received my modded 15202 from AMF and very happy. With the exception of the removal of the pizza, the most obvious (and improved) difference is the dial. While still lacking in the full 'sunburst' effect (it's impossible to fully replicate the way the light catches the finely machined grooves in the true tapisserie pattern), it is a noticeable improvement. Posting some pics comparing it to a stock ZF to try to highlight the difference in the dial color.

The dial is a deeper, richer blue that changes color as you move it vs. the much flatter / dull blue on the stock ZF. There is also an almost lacquer-like coating on the whole dial that makes the peaks and valleys in the pattern pop more and overall enhances reflectivity / definition. In all cases except the last image, the modded 15202 is on the left and the stock ZF is on the right:

Here the modded watch is on the right (really shows the difference in color):

As for the other mods, the bracelet is definitely much smoother / nicer, but for the polishing, it isn't as arresting as it appears in the original posting. The stock ZF is quite polished / reflective as-is, so there wasn't much to improve on.

I ordered the watch in October '22 and just received it. It was definitely a wait but AMF communicated throughout the process and was a pleasure to deal with.

I also ordered their modded Meteorite Daytona which is in the mail and I will post pics there once I receive it.
Did the Meteorite Daytona arrive?

CeramicLeaf

Horology Curious
17/8/20
The watch looks really nice. I'm currently waiting (for my first watch I oredered @ AMF) and I expect to have it within several weeks.

I already look forward to order more watches, but I first want this one around my wrist...

I want to order a GMT Master II Pepsi and a DateJust 41mm, but first things first.

So within several weeks I will post everything from the moment I ordered the watch till I have it where it should be.

Reactions: mcboom