• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Intime first purchase with mixed experience

rambamov

Horology Curious
30/12/22
Germany
Reporting here on my first purchase with Ryan, of whom I have read so many great things here.

I inquired about the Omega Aqua Terra green dial on Jan 2nd and communication with Ryan was fast and precise. I had added a watch box to the order, asked about the resulting $130 shipping cost and we found a good solution here. So everything with Ryan was actually fine. Ordered (BTC) on Jan 3, confirmed Jan 4, QC images came on Jan 4 already. The images were in super low resolution where nothing could really be identified. We went back and forth a few times where I was asking for specific shots but the image quality remained terrible and there was no openness on the QC team side to change anything about it so I did accept not really knowing what to expect. This is in stark contrast to other QC images from other TDs where they even show lume shots and movement accuracy measurement.
It has been shipped 9 days ago with no shipping status update (still with DHL in China), which is probably understandable due to CNY.

I'll keep updating this post.

vertoxeffect

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/1/23
United States - East Coast
Yeah you’ll be waiting awhile due to CNY, in the same boat as you. Two watch orders through Ryan but won’t receive qc or anything until factories open back up but that’s the name of the game.

Reactions: rambamov

rambamov

Horology Curious
30/12/22
Germany
Update; watch arrived today (Jan 24) so shipping took around 20 days. Everything seems fine so far, the green dial looks quite dull but since there is no sunshine in Germany I cannot check it in sunlight...
What was really annoying is that
a) I almost broke my fingers trying to replace the bracelet (not a noob, it was just really tough) and
b) that my gen speedmaster bracelet doesn't fit the rep the rep isn't "deep" enough to accomodate for the gen bracelet - anyone has experienced the same?

rambamov

Horology Curious
30/12/22
Germany
Update; watch arrived today (Jan 24) so shipping took around 20 days. Everything seems fine so far, the green dial looks quite dull but since there is no sunshine in Germany I cannot check it in sunlight...
What was really annoying is that
a) I almost broke my fingers trying to replace the bracelet (not a noob, it was just really tough) and
b) that my gen speedmaster bracelet doesn't fit the rep the rep isn't "deep" enough to accomodate for the gen bracelet - anyone has experienced the same?

galanonim

Horology Curious
19/3/23
uk
Thanks for sharing, how is the movement on it?
How do you feel now after some time? I saw some pictures on reddit and I absolutely fell in love with the green dial. Is it noisy?

rambamov

Horology Curious
30/12/22
Germany
I am very happy with the watch, the movement and the overall process. The movement runs at about -1min/week which is totally fine for me, the watch looks terrific with no real complaints (unless you really want to split hairs). The only difficulty was to get the band adjusted - I couldn't manage it by myself since everything was so tight. Had to go to a specialized reseller who did it for me for €8 and either did not notice the replica or was polite enough to point it out. In any case he did complain/mention that it was so tough the get the band off and get a link out that they had to do it together with a colleague.
tldr; I love the watch and won't give it away anytime soon.