• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Incredibly happy with my first 1675 built from Lucian!

mew

18/12/15
Germany
Just wanted to post a short review here for Lucian, since I just got my watch back from him. Like many others, I've been eyeing custom vintage 1675 GMT builds for the last years, but always felt overwhelmed when deciding on the parts list, as well as finding a good modder that I can trust with the project.

A couple months ago, I saw one of Lucian's amazing builds and decided to reach out to him, and thank god that I did! He helped me compile a list of parts, guide me along when it comes to movement choices as well as trial multiple crytals to find the perfect one.

The build overall proved to be tricky, since the chosen crystal (clarks T38) and chosen movement handstack (2836-2 modified with GMT function) proved to be a little too high. We went back and forth with some options and I decided on another/different T38, this time from lobtime. Apart from the crystal, the crown also had to be switched, and it turned out that the GMT hand I ordered didnt fit (1.8 vs 2mm pinion I think). Overall, Lucian provided super interesting and delightful updates on the way and constantly kept me in the loop with the build.

If anyone is unsure or on the verge, definitely give it a shot and send your idea to Lucian, you won't be dissappointed.

Now onto some pictures and parts breakdown:

Milks case set
Mochacha dial
eBay Insert
Swiss 2836 eta + chinese GMT mod
delugs loop strap + italian jubilee
T38 Crystal (clarks / lobtime) -> flat images are clarks, domed ones are lobtime)
WSO handset + Lucians GMT hand
crown from Lucian (raffles initially)
date disk from Lucian)
Custom dial spacer
Custom date spacer

mew

18/12/15
Germany
Just a sidenote: The insert I'm using is nearly pressed flat and the lobtime crystal sits a bit higher so that domed crystal definitely has that strong vintage feeling - some might love it where others hate it! If you go for a normal t19 crystal or clarks and a movement with lower handstack, it will of course look very different. ;-)

Luquito

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/4/22
UK
Fantastic build OP, thank you for sharing! I'm really digging the no cyclops look, may need to make this change on my 1675.

Bravo @Solution6 👏

Reactions: Solution6