• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Important Announcement for Austin, TX members

tenacious_b

18/3/06
Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I wanted to share that Austin Classic Watch and Jewelry (formerly Austin Watch and Jewelry) is under new ownership and they are now willing to work on reps. I have 1 in for a laser weld repair to reattach a 7750 rotor on a pam 299 and a full rebuild on a crpo movement. They aren't cheap but not outrageous. When you call, ask for Shaun and tell him Bryan sent you. They've got 3 certified watch masters (?) On staff. To give you an idea on times and rates the laser weld repair is $80 and takes a week. Full tear down, cleaning, rebuild and relube is $350 and will take 4 to 6 weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Well if it's a keeper, like an AP, the money may be well invested.

Thanks for the heads-up!

adamweby

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/8/12
CONUS
yea all depends on the watch. sometimes worth it, sometimes not. I do love Austin though. one of my favorite cities. I come once a year for the USGP.

jkent83

Certified
3/1/22
Oregon
Sad to report that Austin Classic Watch and Jewelry is permanently closed. And so the search for a local watch smith for reps begins again.

Rolextx

Looking Around
6/8/22
Sad to report that Austin Classic Watch and Jewelry is permanently closed. And so the search for a local watch smith for reps begins again.
@jient83 I’m new to forum and new to reps. Just ordered my first VSF submariner, and now looking for a watch smith in central texas. Have you been able to find a new jeweler that works on reps?