• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Im now taking Asian clones of Rolex 31xx

52degrees

Vendor (Watch Repair UK)
Vendor (Watch Repair)
8/3/20
UK
I have decided to take on clones of Rolex movements . I will judge each one on a case by case basis, the issue is going to be parts availability, if it looks like it needs parts then I will unfortunately have to return it undone. However I dont charge anything for looking at a watch and providing an estimate. The only thing I would want covered is the postage to get it back to you.

Ive had quite a few enquiries about these movements and have taken a couple on. So far servicing them has been reasonably painless. Obviously the quality doesnt match its gen counterpart but it isn't bad!

There was an issue with one I did, the ratchet driving wheel in the auto. The teeth had literally all sheered off!

This is a 3131, I've started to strip it down before being cleaned. Barrel bridge and train bridge have been removed, wheels are next.

Dial side ...

Watch back together and running nicely!

Now the problem area, the auto - more specifically the ratchet driving wheel.

Its the brass wheel In the middle of the 2 reversing wheels. It has quite a bit of force going through it and its what connects the auto to the rest of the watch. You can see from the picture that it has no teeth left. So the question is, if it had been serviced properly originally, would it still have happened?

Maybe, maybe not.

Its not easy to answer for sure, but id like to think if it had been cleaned and oiled correctly, there would certainly have been less chance! I suppose it goes back to the debate, to service or not to service?! I wonder what side id be on, Ha!

Thanks again for having me and I've updated my page regarding what watches I accept to reflect the fact I now take on 31xx movements.

Stay safe everyone,

52 degrees.

Reactions: Nutsandbolts

Nutsandbolts

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/7/15
Always best to have a service for your new rep, nice to see it's possible :)

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
Do you have an approximate cost for service of a 3135 movement? I'm hoping to get hold of a Vr3135 to swap into my JF Kermit and I was hoping to send it to you for the work when you're taking on again.