• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I owe the rep watch world a review!

Justin123

Known Member
2/8/22
This is my first rep watch purchase from a trusted dealer. It concerns a Reverso Duoface with opposing travel time day/night face, 49 mm 29 mm. It is from MGF factory.

First thing I want to say is wow! This is an amazing watch which is a pleasure to wear. And Li was able to find me the model I wanted and other dealers couldn't. He also responded to all of my emails promptly. I did find his emails a bit short and I had to ask for certain details more than once before I got an answer but overall I was happy.

The quality control with Lana was thorough, friendly and went smoothly.

The watch itself is lovely. I had read reviews of similar reps and knew what to expect. It's not a perfect rep of course... The dial face is a tiny bit lower than the gen due to the movement used. The watch is a bit fatter than the gen but MGF seem to have improved it. It is only 12 mm fat (less than the reviews I was reading), and doesn't feel chucky at all. The watch lacks the function whereby one skips the hour hand on the black face ahead in hour steps. I knew all of this before hand, and despite that, the watch works well and I absolutely love wearing it. And I really wanted this particular model and didn't care if it was an exact replica, as long as the quality was good. And the watch actually keeps excellent time.

First negative is the fake alligator leather strap that comes with it. Despite claims that it is good quality, it really isn't. It has a nice butterfly clast, but the strap is stiff and hard to wear. It looks silly and takes away from the watch. I kind of knew that would be the case from reviews of reverso reps so had already ordered the fantastic sustainable buffalo leather strap you see in the photos. BTW I should do a shout out to Dion at Outlaw Straps who made me this strap especially to go with the reverso. It really brings the watch to life, is comfortable, the blue stitching matches the hands exactly and the dappled silver grey works with both faces and gives this art deco classic a contemporary feel I can even wear in the supermarket. Do yourself a favour. And another shout out, my jasper bracelet is from Red Grace, look up @redgraceco on Instagram if you want one. Love those crystal beads that go with a number of my watches.

The watch was advertised as automatic. Hmmm. It seems to have to be wound though (because it simply stops after a day if you don't). Which is ok, since the gen has to be wound. I think it possibly uses an automatic movement, but the weight has not been implemented (I mean where would you put it in a duoface anyway?). I just think Li could have told me that. Like, 'it uses an automatic movement, but it actually needs to be wound like a manual.' Maybe he didn't know.

Despite those issues I am very happy with the purchase. And because Li responds to emails efficiently, can find good quality reps of modes I like, and because the QC is thorough, I plan to use Jtime again.

z9IoTJ.jpg
[/url]
https://clickpix.org/image/IMG20220902162657.z9IoTJ

Justin123

Known Member
2/8/22
By the way, is it possible to edit a post once you send it? I can't seem to find that function.

Reactions: TRad_93

ProperGains

Supporter
Certified
18/5/22
it looks mint, ask your TD for strap options or ask a strap dealer on the td page.

Reactions: Justin123

sandas1002

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/22
SPAIN
Thanks for the review and hope you are enjoying it.

Its a very original looking watch and from the pictures I think you scored a nice rep.
I like the idea of swapping the dials. I have checked on the websites of the TDs and have not seen this model. The one they have is without the numerals. Which TD site is Li from? I think I will add this to my list of reps to save up for and buy at some point.

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany

Its a very original looking watch and from the pictures I think you scored a nice rep.
I like the idea of swapping the dials. I have checked on the websites of the TDs and have not seen this model. The one they have is without the numerals. Which TD site is Li from? I think I will add this to my list of reps to save up for and buy at some point.

Li = JTime: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forums/jtime-watch-store.7766351/

Justin123

Known Member
2/8/22

Li is from Jtime. I did not see this watch listed on any td site. But I described it to Li and to my surprise he found it. There must be some out there. Send him the picks and see if he has more.

Reactions: sandas1002

sandas1002

30/9/22
SPAIN
Li is from Jtime. I did not see this watch listed on any td site. But I described it to Li and to my surprise he found it. There must be some out there. Send him the picks and see if he has more.
Thanks! I have now ordered the watch from Li - Jtime.
Love the idea of switching dials on the go. And if I ever take up polo lessons I will have the perfect watch.
Assuming it all goes well, I will update this thread when its on my wrist probably in a month.

Justin123

Known Member
2/8/22
Thanks! I have now ordered the watch from Li - Jtime.
Love the idea of switching dials on the go. And if I ever take up polo lessons I will have the perfect watch.
Assuming it all goes well, I will update this thread when its on my wrist probably in a month.
Remember, they say automatic. But I don't think it is. I think they took the weight off to make the watch thinner.

And than band is crappy. Otherwise it's a pretty nice watch.

sandas1002

30/9/22
SPAIN
With a dual dial I guess there is no way to put in a rotor.
Not expecting much from the strap, seems few on these forums ever give a thumps up to them unless its a SS bracelet. Im already looking for a nice normal leather one to go with this watch. There seems to be a different version of this watch out there with the small seconds in a circle instead of the square. The latter imo is better and it is what you have.
Ill know what I get when the QC photos arrive.
@Justin123, you have had yours for over a month, I assume its been working well so far and keeping reasonable time?

Justin123

Known Member
2/8/22
With a dual dial I guess there is no way to put in a rotor.
Not expecting much from the strap, seems few on these forums ever give a thumps up to them unless its a SS bracelet. Im already looking for a nice normal leather one to go with this watch. There seems to be a different version of this watch out there with the small seconds in a circle instead of the square. The latter imo is better and it is what you have.
Ill know what I get when the QC photos arrive.
@Justin123, you have had yours for over a month, I assume its been working well so far and keeping reasonable time?
Yes it's good. Power reserve is lowish. You'll be winding. Love the watch though. Nicely done.

gunonemax

23/7/22
Nice review. Does the dual time zone feature work? I.E. you can set the different times and both sides are functional?

Justin123

Known Member
2/8/22
Nice review. Does the dual time zone feature work? I.E. you can set the different times and both sides are functional?
Yes. Works perfectly. There are two crown positions one for each face. There is no hour skipping button like on the gen.

It's a beautiful watch. I do prefer the rectangular subdial on the white face.

Reactions: gunonemax

gunonemax

23/7/22
Yes. Works perfectly. There are two crown positions one for each face. There is no hour skipping button like on the gen.

It's a beautiful watch. I do prefer the rectangular subdial on the white face.
Thank you

sandas1002

30/9/22
SPAIN
Received mine yesterday from Jtime. Thanks Justin123 again for making me aware of this rep.

If you compare it to the Gen there are many differences on the dials but none that bother me. The rep watch is on the thicker side and thats my only negative. I think the Gen is supposed to be between 10mm and 11mm with lugs at 20mm instead of the reps 22mm.

And yes the strap as justin mentioned is bad. Its signed and the thick end parts fit better on the lugs than the one Im using but its stiff, uncomfortable and short for my wrists.

I really hope we see more versions of this watch and other Reversos in the future, alas I think the market favours Rolexes and other bigger brands.

Anyway very happy with it. Enjoying it more than the recently purchased (rep) of the JLC MUT and I hope it lasts a long time. This is one Rep I would pay to service when the time comes because of the dual dials.

• Love
Reactions: Ecender

Justin123

Known Member
2/8/22
Yes, it's no super rep, but it is beautiful. The differences to the original are not annoying. In some ways I prefer the rep black dial. But if they ever make a super rep, that would be awesome.