• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I cannot decide if it is GEN or NOT...

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
Often, on eBay .com (US) , some Royal Oak Offshore are poppin out...often without Box and Documents, and they reach BIG prices .

Take this for example

Can you guys establish if this is GEN or Rep ? I mean, no Box, No Documents, only 4 Photos....

Or this

Remember, no Box and No Papers...sold for over 80 k $$$ !!!!

OR this

For me, especially the Carbon ones...i cannot 100 % be sure they are GEN.
A few photos...and that it is.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
What exactly is your question?

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
The 26170 looks like yes but needs to be inspected to be sure
I know for fact that they are trading at 13-15k usd right now but 10-11k its too low

The other too looks like they are removed

Last edited:

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
No,

they're not removed, i searched in the SOLD section....they were actually Sold.

I mean, for me APs are too highly priced to be sure on a n eBay auction that they're 100 % GEN.

This is the meaning of this Thread.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I don't get it.

You're worried about high prices on rare watches?

What?

bigkat725

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/6/19
I think its pretty hard to trust anything on ebay or chrono24 at this point. The fakes are getting so good and the gens are becoming harder and harder to acquire. When I see anyone in public wearing anything more expensive than a stainless Rolex, I pretty much assume its a rep. In fact, I have seen some 6 figure vintage watches on chrono24 multiple times with obviously fake dials. Its incredible how the watch market has become nearly impossible to trust

Reactions: Horace_Derwent

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I think its pretty hard to trust anything on ebay or chrono24 at this point. The fakes are getting so good and the gens are becoming harder and harder to acquire. When I see anyone in public wearing anything more expensive than a stainless Rolex, I pretty much assume its a rep. In fact, I have seen some 6 figure vintage watches on chrono24 multiple times with obviously fake dials. Its incredible how the watch market has become nearly impossible to trust
99,9% of people who wear a beautiful Rolex, if it looks gen it is gen.

It's only a very small percentage of rep wearers who are like us that wear nice reps. Rest is 19mm thick subs.