• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hublot-v1 vs. v1-lite

bacchie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/10
thanks for the info. I'm looking to buy an ice bang, and will probably spend the next few days looking into the details of your pics :)

Wiz

Mythical Poster
9/8/09
Damn, how did I missed that thread??? Bump for a fantastic comparison!

RedeemR

Looking Around
11/12/11
Is the textured piece of the Lite (that resides under the bezel and has the 2 outer screws on each side) more accurate to gen than the same piece on the V1? I own a V1 but I've always felt that the lack of texture on that piece is a somewhat distinct disparity from the gen.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
Is the textured piece of the Lite (that resides under the bezel and has the 2 outer screws on each side) more accurate to gen than the same piece on the V1? I own a V1 but I've always felt that the lack of texture on that piece is a somewhat distinct disparity from the gen.

mmmm, I don't actually know. I have never held my v1 next to a gen, always slip my v1 in the pocket when in the AD. and thn I walk back out of there with a free catalogue :)

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Just bought this lite version, and Trksh proved I made the good choice. The price is incredible.
Bought a V2 rotor to be installed (thinner and engraved)

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Just received mine.

Excellent value for money, and I DO love the ceramic case.

The rotor markings, although thin, still are stickers.

What didn't seem to be mentionned : the crystal is NOT sapphire.
I was amazed at the quality of the AR and complete lack of hue (blue, purple or whatever) : mineral is less reflective and therefore often looks better with AR. That made me want to check, and bingo, it's mineral.

Anyone to double confirm ?

vipn2u

Horology Curious
15/7/12
Amazing and detailed review, thank so much trksh-bzr
I have a question for you, what is the price difference between V1 and V1 Lite? What would you recommend, and where did you buy your HBB, if you don't mind me asking.

thanks

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
A v1 would be around 700 usd for a ceramic version, where as a v1 lite is around 300 usd.

I bought my v1 rom lay back in the day.

cedric33

Known Member
23/11/11
Very good post.

But currently, the dilemma is rather between V6 and lite version, no ?

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
Nothing beats v6. When this thread was posted, the v6 wasn't even a naughty thought in his dad's mind yet...

Sent from my iBall using Tupperware

Euphoricall78

Known Member
12/11/09
Nothing beats v6. When this thread was posted, the v6 wasn't even a naughty thought in his dad's mind yet...

Sent from my iBall using Tupperware

As far as accuracy, the V6 trumps the V1 in many respects from all the reviews i've read. However, I haven't seen anything on build-quality comparos yet between the two. Would be interesting to see!

Tomsteve

Horology Curious
3/10/13
Completely agree with lots of people. It's Really Great work and we should say to trk, Well done.