• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Royal Oak Dual Time/ with power reserve

Brtis

24/2/13
For some strange reason I keep looking at this watch. I've read Del's review. I understand where it's flaws are. Has anyone else here purchased this rep and can further comment to it's overall quality? Maybe some non-dealer pics? This just fits a need for an AP that is sportier (to me) than the 15400 and yet not sporty like a diver or Offshore.

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
I have RG. Good for the price but 15400 quality is far better.
6u2u8uzu.jpg

esyqujub.jpg

And it looks bigger than 15400.

Brtis

24/2/13
Thanks for sharing. It looking bigger doesn't surprise me because it is. lol In what ways is the quality lacking in your opinion?

jamztio

I'm Pretty Popular
10/1/12
I had the steel and black dial version back then. It was a good rep and quite heavy. All functions worked as well.
So if you really like it, then by all means get it. But if you're still considering the current 15400, get the 15400 all the way.

*Sent from my fingers using my head*

ciceroyeah

Renowned Member
8/8/13
Buying this 'rep' will only end in tears. Look at the bezel screws, the case thickness/width, the disproportionate everything, the crappy bracelet etc etc. Get a 15400.

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
nice!

i was just wondering whether they ever did the RO chrono. not that i dont love my ROOs but i've been having this itch to satisfy regarding the RO chrono.

Brtis

24/2/13
Buying this 'rep' will only end in tears. Look at the bezel screws, the case thickness/width, the disproportionate everything, the crappy bracelet etc etc. Get a 15400.

Maybe, maybe not. Jamztio and Asanibal considered them good watches for the money, but not as good quality as the 15400. Are we talking overall quality and feel of watch and bracelet or accuracy as a rep compared to gen? I have numerous replicas that are solid quality watches that are lacking in accuracy.

I've been on the fence about this for some time. While I understand the accuracy is better on the 15400 and it is quality (as it should be for the price), I'm not sure that it fits my need. It is fairly "dressy" for a sports watch and the complications on the Dual Time dress it down a bit for me....accuracy aside.

ciceroyeah

Renowned Member
8/8/13
Bear in mind that review was written in what amounts to a different era, before the good divers and good 15400s and good 15300s etc. etc. etc.

The thing is it's not just inaccurate, but *obviously* so, and it uses an unreliable asian 23j movement with complications. Plus the case is larger than a ROO but it's supposed to rep a 39 mil. The huge screws look ridiculous on that thin bezel, and the mid-links on the bulky bracelet look like shit to me. I think a v6 Diver or ROO on a bracelet would be more accurate and fit the bill far better, and overall would be a better investment. You'll be happier probably. Just my 2 cents, DO AS YOU PLEASE!

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
I am with you about dual time. It is not acurate but... I really dont mind too much. I like it and for the price is a great gmt watch imho.
Regarding bracelet yes, to me is too much gold so I have asked donerix to make a nice coco strap and he has a plastic sample case made by me of the dual AP for a perfect fix, so there is another option.

Brtis

24/2/13
ciceroyeah, you might be absolutely correct in your statements. Your last post is constructive by defining why it may not be a good option. I appreciate the input as I sort out the best choice for me. Perhaps the diver is a better choice albeit it is much closer to a ROO than a RO compared to the dual time in general appearance.

asanibal, you are with who about the dual time? I am looking at a ss because gold isn't my personal preference. I've not heard much about the 23J movement, how has that faired for you? I have some experience with the 21j and i've been lucky in that respect for the most part, but I'm also not one to mess with the known ticking time bomb chrono 7750 either. lol Also, can you speak to the feel of the bracelet?

asanibal

Renowned Member
19/10/08
The bracelet is not that bad. It is ok. The 15400 bracelet is stuning, as good as gen.
If I were you, I think I would go first for a Miyota 15400, and later to the dual time.