• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Re-attached my lume!

nkwell

Horology Curious
2/11/06
Well Thanks to all the GREAT info on this site I was able to replace my lume that fell out NO PROBLEM!

While I was at it, I took a blue bezel from one of my junkier subs and threw it on there, the pearl is ugly, but I still like the blue bezel with black face. Whoever said it was rewarding to mod your own watch was totally correct! I had something that was typical and broken. Now I have something that is tip-top and very attractive, and all original!

The bezel on my trusty sub was a little tough to turn before... I thought it was too much glue, which I was partially correct about... But once the bezel was off, I laid it on a flat surface and discovered that it was a little warped. So I did my best to get is straighted out, and when I put it back on, WOW! what a difference, turns very easy now.

It is beautiful and very sharp!

Oh I found a dental pick works very well for bezel insert removal, just thought I would pass that on.

Again Thanks to all!

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
PICS myy friend, PICS! :D

re: bezel removal with dental pick - you just hook it under and pull or pry?

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
crick said:
PICS myy friend, PICS! :D

re: bezel removal with dental pick - you just hook it under and pull or pry?

...dental pick eh? Man the bezel on my Omega SMP is really stuck, almost seems like it's glued on. I'm wondering how to get it off without scratching anything. I would love to realign it..but afraid to use force. :?

nkwell

Horology Curious
2/11/06
Dental Pick + pics!

There should be a line carved into the bezel underneath the insert. I just removed the pearl and followed the line with the dental pick, hook and pull very gently, and once a little bit of the bezel was up, the rest just sort of popped out. Here are some pics, like I said the pearl is hideous, but all in all I like it.

I also had a crap watch to practice on, this helped a ton, where do you think the bezel insert came from ;) I didn't feel to good about removing the crown stem, so I practiced on the POS until I was confident enough.

blueonblack.jpg