• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Happy New Year from Bangkok - "da bomb" capital fo

thehorse

Renowned Member
25/4/06
Asia
Happy New Year guys. I joined RWI earlier this year and haven't left since!

Bangkok's a great place to live, but there were 7 bombs that went off across Bangkok this evening. The impact is that most of the NY celebrations have been cancelled and malls are closed.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/01 ... 023013.php

Oh well - fortunately had planned for some friends to come over for dinner and drinks.

Here's to better reps in 2007 and all the best wishes to you and your families

8)

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Re: Happy New Year from Bangkok - "da bomb" capita

thehorse said:
Bangkok's a great place to live, but there were 7 bombs that went off across Bangkok this evening. The impact is that most of the NY celebrations have been cancelled and malls are closed.
Victory Monument is the stop after my brother's Skytrain stop. He gets his bus to work at VM. It's kind of weird when you know the place that's hit.

It's new year in BKK now, so happy 2007!

ps. Yes, my Brother's fine, before you ask.

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA

thehorse said:
Happy New Year guys. I joined RWI earlier this year and haven't left since!

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/01 ... 023013.php

Oh well - fortunately had planned for some friends to come over for dinner and drinks.

Here's to better reps in 2007 and all the best wishes to you and your families

8)

You know, that kind of attack is the most extreme form of cowardice. It takes a complete and total coward to attack a group of unknown innocent victims that had no idea that they were even targets.

This entire trend towards this form of terrorism is out of control. I'm so sorry for your country, and it's innocent people. These acts have no place in the world we live in today. Sometimes, it makes me sick to belong to such a sorry human race.

It's also a rather shitty way to start off a year.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
scum exists..

and for some reason they have the same view

as above..

Peace Out

Klink

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07

WackoBirdKeeper said:
It's also a rather shitty way to start off a year.
I prefer to look at it as a shitty end to a fscked up year.

thehorse

Renowned Member
25/4/06
Asia
Fortunately the big parties were cancelled. Those bastards put 2 bombs on both ends of the largest street party planned for NY. This was going to be like the Times Square party, and right next to a mall that just opened.

:evil:

Anubis

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/06

Pugwash said:
I prefer to look at it as a shitty end to a fscked up year.

Agreed Pugwash..... 2006 was a very fscked up year.

I really hope 2007 is better

AWS

15/9/06
happy new year!, i have seen many nice watches tonight ...none had my david 201a beat though
.....in my eyes at least...anyways,ive been back in NYC for 1 day..and have seen more pannies,rollies,breit,etc....i tell you many people asked me if i was wearing a logo watch!...it kinda scared me!
.....i wish the best for you all this new year!...cheers,aws.

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
Happy New Year in Bangkok! Too bad about everything blowing up. Bangkok is quite the town I was there two years ago and enjoyed it. Let's hope for a better 2007. [smilie=angel8.gif]

narikaa

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
15/3/06
Yes a shame

From all the squeals of cancellations on the Thailand Forums

Peaple cant grasp the simple gravity of the situation

I arrive there a week today in the sure knowledge that violent injury / death is infinately more likely from traffic, teenage drivebys, stray police bullets, or even a disgruntled elephant.

Songkran (the happy water throwing debacle) used to have a 'league table' each night on the news showing the 'accidental' (read f**king stupidity) deaths per province, which even from my recollection al;ways overshadowed these latest bombing figuers.