• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HBB Pusher Insert Mod (fix)

alex.cpa

19/5/11
This rather simple mod is definelty worth a try if there is a missing pusher insert that annoys heck out of you or plainly makes your watch unwearable...

Some of you may have learned it hard way already, but most should be well aware of how easy a HBB pusher inserts get lost. Better reglue them as soon as you get you beloved HBB delivered.

This part is very hard to source, especialy corect rubber one from V1 or V5. Some dealers may help you to get a V2 pusher incert- hard plastic one.

But you can also make one yourself from a diecast matchbox toy car. Just pick the one with tires that have thread similar to Hublot pusher finish. Remove the toy tire, split it and neatly trim it to the correct shape with atool of your choice. I used straight edge nail clipper. Then carefully glue it in. I used GS Hypo cement to attach it in place.

It worked for me and i could hardly tell a difference from 1 ft distance. Fortunately I was able to source extra pusher inserts for myself and no longer have this mod to show detaild pics..but trust me it works and it looks good as long as correct thread tire is picked for the project.

This is the only pic of my SS HBB when it had this fix (pusher at 4 had "tire" insert):

8e733d8e.jpg

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
awesome mod, i love it. just do both of the pushers this way if one gets lost and they'll match. brilliant.

lbahoshy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/10
Hi Alex.

I have the exact same watch as yours in the picture and the rubber insert at the 4 o'clock position recently fell and I cannot find it.

Other than your fix as above, which dealer can I source this part from. The dealer I bought it from is no longer a trusted dealer. I also tried to email Angus a couple of weeks ago but no response. Help !!!

alex.cpa

19/5/11
i had luck with Mary (watch international) but again she was able to source only hard plastic one from V2 factory...

lbahoshy

20/7/10
Thanks! I'll try try her and other trusted dealers. Do you glue it on or does it somehow clip in as I see there is a small hole where the rubber pusher was.

lbahoshy

20/7/10
Yes I did! I was asking about the extra replacement rubber pusher that was sourced and not the mod.

alex.cpa

19/5/11
regardless of the nature / source of the pusher insert it is strongly recomended on all forums ....glue it in.

I use G-S Hypo cement