• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone have the Davidsen Blancpain 50 Fathoms?

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
Anyone have the Davidsen Blancpain 50 Fathoms? I'm looking for info on buying experience. And quality control on these vintage models. Also does anyone have one in the USA that they want to part with?

BlancpainFiftyFathoms1.jpg

BlancpainFiftyFathoms2.jpg

BlancpainFiftyFathoms4.jpg

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
This was my first post on RWI, and I stand by what I wrote.

In brief, buying from Davidsen can be a minor hassle. Communications are limited to short emails that sometimes take a couple of days to arrive, and payment can be difficult to some people. (A wire transfer isn't as big a deal as many think, though.) That said, the delivery was very fast, and the product is solidly built. My DSN Lip-Blancpain still gets more wrist time than any other rep.

robertk

16/3/06
I have one. Build quality is great. And he's been a pleasure to deal with for me.

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
Doc, this sounds like your first DSN purchase. His merch is tip top and he stands behind it. I only have his Pams, 4 of them and they are all my favorites. The ceramic gold HBB from elsewhere is neck and neck, but DSN provides an out of box rep that is incomprable.

ochaves

30/9/09
Wow, this is the first decent replica of a fifty Fathoms. All the ones I've seen have serious problems with the number 5 in the bizels.

Hope to see pictures soon.

Regards,

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
Thanks guys. I'm very slow in deciding when buying overseas. Thanks Hambone and everyone.

ckvintage

7/10/09
you can't go wrong with the DSN Blancpain FF, they are solid build and smooth movement. But to deal with him or waiting for his reply is kind of PAIN. No one is willing to go through this but this is the way he do his business......

Anyway, I got mine from a forum member.................

good luck...

ochaves

30/9/09
Do you have an idea about diameters? I'm also looking for a good replica of a Fifty Fathoms of about 43mm or bigger.

Regards

LHOOQ

I'm Pretty Popular
4/4/09
Here's a couple of pictures of mine, including a wrist shot. Note that my left wrist is a puny 6.5":

657507280_HvZEP-X3.jpg

664809049_nXYzp-X3.jpg

(But my right wrist is MONSTROUS!)

nielsen

I'm Pretty Popular
22/1/08
I just love those Blancpains and have been eyeing them on Davidsen's photobucket site for a long time. My favorite is the one with the little radiation symbol on it. It's so Cold War...... Glad to hear the quality is there--though that isn't a surprise. I've bought 4 from Davidsen and have had quality control issues with 2. That's 50% average, which is pretty terrible. Having said that, he has always been great about rectifying problems. Other than that I concur with all the other comments. Will I buy from him again? Probably a Blancpain. Too cool!