• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How long is acceptable to wait for QC pics?

FaekieOne

Known Member
18/1/22
I think I waited well over a month from Trusty and Hont. I think it depends what the watch and the factory is.

stagename42

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/22
Things have certainly changed but 2 weeks is a lot in my experienced. One week is pretty standard but again depends on the factory/seller and what they have going on

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Sead has Stock and QC sometimes already ready.
When a TD tells you, factory has watch in stock, that does not mean anything. Things can change immediatly and factory run out of stock, wait 3-4 weeks to start next batch.
Depends on model too.

You have to know that years ago, QC pictures where not here at all. Pay, wait, arrive after 3-6 months.

We should not look at this like Amazon Online Stores, I guess its more that we should appreciate those dealers as what they are: the binding between us (consumers) and the factorys.

2 Weeks? You can ask.

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
What did you order?
Demand, supply, availability. Say you're a car dealer, if you want a VW you'll probably get it pretty quick (chip supply crisis aside); if you want a Mercedes Maybach S-class, you may have to wait a bit more...
With hi-demand rolex models you should receive something within a week, unless stock ran really low. This already changes with lower demand rolexes. I waited a fair amount of time for explorer 1 QC, for instance. If you asked for an A. Lange & Söhne tourbillon....
Be patient, QC will arrive. As already suggested, you can always ask for an estimate from your TD, but do not expect immediate answers, that can take its time, too.
Good luck!

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
Depends on the watch and whether the dealer has stock of it already. For really popular watches they might already have some ready to go, this is the case for some rollies especially.

I would say your cutoff should be ~2 months.

Tersti

12/7/21
Germany
I think I waited well over a month from Trusty and Hont. I think it depends whether the watch is available or not. Nevertheless, in my experience Hont is really fast.

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
13/7/16
I think I waited well over a month from Trusty and Hont. I think it depends whether the watch is available or not. Nevertheless, in my experience Hont is really fast.
Hont has lots of real stock generally. You can see in his photos he has like 10 of the watches.

If the watch isn't available, then they order it from whoever (maybe the factory directly in some cases), and then the factory will provide one if they have it or else you're stuck waiting until next batch, which can be awhile.

I'm waiting on a Cellini Moonphase ATM.

peteburrito

25/6/22
like everyone else has been saying, it depends on a lot of factors, 2wks is on the long end from my understanding but not unheard of, my luck has been pretty good so far, between 2-10 days on watches from intime

JetskiDave

Horology Curious
3/10/22
Florida
The first watch I bougth (from not a TD, prior to me joining and learning about TDs) and I got QC video in 24 hours, followed by tracking a couple hours later.

(Tracking has never gone live, haven't received anything, dealer still responds and assures me it is on the way, but... going on 5 weeks since tracking received (but again tracking shows "waiting for item"))

vsffanboy

Horology Curious
7/11/22
Waited 2 weeks for a datejust from hont. Told me he was waiting for shipments from factories.