• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How a T.D. should behave in front an After Sale problem. INTIME is the example

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21
This thread is ment to be a reference for all the users who does not think that buy a replica watch mean to "play the game" and get all the after sale risks.

In June 2022 i bought from Intime a Roger Dubuis beauty... the Excalibur Carbon Tourbillon V4

The waiting was of about 2 months to get the watch. Once arrived and checked all seems to be good.
After the first days of wear was immediately clear that something was wrong.
During night (expecially) the watch lost more than - (minus) 1 hour and time to time during day around 5/10 mins.

After a closer inspection and test i found out that when the watch was upside down, the tourbillon mechanism stop.
Clearly a movment defect/mounting.

Here you may see the defect :

While other T.D. for much smaller problem answered me "My friend we are NOT Amazon i can offer you 25USD refund" (on a 600USD watch), INTIME answer was

Please return us the watch for inspection and repair.
It's a 850 USD watch and, with a 20€ shipment the Excalibut came back to them in end of Agoust.

It took 2 months to get it back repaired/exchanged but (at least till the moment i write) the watch doesn't have anymore the issue.

Place your $ in the right place, BE SURE to clarify the T.D. after sale policy because a T.D. is seen when problems occur, not till you paid.

See u.

Rat Killer

Known Member
Certified
5/4/20
You are very lucky indeed that the watch made it back to China and was delivered to Intime for repair. This is not normally what happens. Customs risk is far worse for a return than the well orchestrated out bound shipments. No, for most, sending a watch back for repair is sending it into a black hole.

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21
You are very lucky indeed that the watch made it back to China and was delivered to Intime for repair. This is not normally what happens. Customs risk is far worse for a return than the well orchestrated out bound shipments. No, for most, sending a watch back for repair is sending it into a black hole.
Not really.. the outbound shipment of a new order follow a "classic" route expecially for multiple watch order that may require more safety.

I ship ton's of packages to China without any problems of custom or duty.

The confirmation is also from the return shipment made from INTIME.. straight shipment to me and no longer "triangled"

Is of course necessary to choose a safe shipment, tracked and trusted.

Rat Killer

Known Member
Certified
5/4/20
We will have to disagree. Long experience by many members here on RWI would not recommend your course of action.

Reactions: TESLA760

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21
We will have to disagree. Long experience by many members here on RWI would not recommend your course of action.
as some may disagree... i'm from the side who has never had any problem sending items to china.

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
Glad to read this, i ordered several tiems from Ryan and i was never disappointed !

This is how a TD should behave !

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21
Wow... Tons!
around 45 shipment a year.
and i'm not speaking of watches..
it's necessary to be wise and smart to use a good shipping service avoiding where possible express curier.

EMS is one of the most widely used to and from China

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia
around 45 shipment a year.
and i'm not speaking of watches..
it's necessary to be wise and smart to use a good shipping service avoiding where possible express curier.

EMS is one of the most widely used to and from China
So like the guy says " and I'm not speaking of watches" So maybe, it's different for what he send to China AND, maybe, where it comes from?

Wow! I didn't know this and probably all lot of members?

Glad to read this, i ordered several tiems from Ryan and i was never disappointed !

This is how a TD should behave !
Ryan has never let me down either.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Another HUGE vote for RYAN and the Intime team. They looked after me on my PP 5726 issue and now its back on my wrist working perfectly.
Feedback below.

Reactions: Horace_Derwent

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Not really.. the outbound shipment of a new order follow a "classic" route expecially for multiple watch order that may require more safety.

I ship ton's of packages to China without any problems of custom or duty.

The confirmation is also from the return shipment made from INTIME.. straight shipment to me and no longer "triangled"

Is of course necessary to choose a safe shipment, tracked and trusted.
It isn't recommended and many many members who tried ended up with a lost watch.
Please do not reccomend it to anybody, as their experience will widely differ.

as some may disagree... i'm from the side who has never had any problem sending items to china.
Okay sure. I'm from the side where people smoke crack on the daily, but I've never had a problem with it. Smoke some crack. It seems safe.

Reactions: Rat Killer

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
This thread has some very misleading information. Specially for new members. Proceed with caution when shipping watches back to China. Many of these issues are easy repairs that one of the many watchsmiths here can do for you. The TD can offer you a discount on your next purchase or some other compensation. Personally, I'd never follow this advice.

Reactions: Tucker and Storm.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Each person needs to work with their Local watch smith and TD and make their own mind up on best course of action. There isn’t 1 rule to rule them all…. or is that 1 ring to rule them all ….. or …. Whatever anyways…

The point here is that some issues can’t be dealt with locally as some rep parts are not available everywhere. Some issues are too complex to deal with locally- hence only the factory can repair or alternatively a whole new rep movement is needed. In my own unique situation, I reached out to 2 local watch smiths who cautioned me on messing with my PP 5726 date wheel mechanism issue. My logical choice was to have the factory repair it / replace it. I did this based on the fact the watch was useless to me as it was anyways. I’m OCD and it needed to work as it should.. not have the date changing at midday and the day changing at 4 am.

So I shipped it back to China. Back to intime.
The point here is that it wasn’t declared as a watch, it wasn’t shipped with an express carrier - I used local post. I set my expectation low and don’t expect it to be delivered in a week or two. It took weeks and weeks and weeks but I wasnt disappointed. I kept in contact with my TD who also helped me track it along its way and keep me informed of the progress from his end.

It takes balls of steel to do it and you find you’re checking your messages and tracking info every 10 mins until it gets to its destination. Crazy .. YES.

Anyways, take the time to investigate all your options based on the issue you have and make the best decision to suit yourself. Local repairs don’t always work out the best and shipping back to China doesn’t always work for everyone either. It’s the rep game… we live dangerously.

Reactions: Hwypirate

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Yes indeed but for many of us 500 - 800 usd is a big outlay and a big risk to lose either way.

Perhaps nerves of steel then ? Hahahaha. 🤪
Relax. Not sure what you do for a living but if dealing with a fake watch was on my agenda when I get in the office ,
Yes indeed but for many of us 500 - 800 usd is a big outlay and a big risk to lose either way.

Perhaps nerves of steel then ? Hahahaha. 🤪
Big outlay ? Really ?

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21
This thread has some very misleading information. Specially for new members. Proceed with caution when shipping watches back to China. Many of these issues are easy repairs that one of the many watchsmiths here can do for you. The TD can offer you a discount on your next purchase or some other compensation. Personally, I'd never follow this advice.
Offer a 20 USD refund/ compensationon a 650+ USD is like to say " shut up and enjoy your crappy watch".
I'm from Italy and here for 20 USD they'll not even clean your watch crystal.

A specialized watchsmiths will keep much more than 150€ to open/check/repair (if possible and most of all if they will ever have pare parts.

All this for a Dead of Arrival watch. T.D. MUST be responsible for immediate aftermarket issue. That's it.

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Not meaning to be controversial, but I've always found this mantra on RWI to be strange. Maybe it's because I'm in Australia and close to China, but I've sent many things to friends in China and have had to send watches back to TDs. I send them with registered post, never had an issue.

As mentioned, not trying to stir anything, more that I've only heard this since entering the rep game.

Reactions: WatchWizard

toxstoxs

Supporter
Certified
13/11/21
Not meaning to be controversial, but I've always found this mantra on RWI to be strange. Maybe it's because I'm in Australia and close to China, but I've sent many things to friends in China and have had to send watches back to TDs. I send them with registered post, never had an issue.

As mentioned, not trying to stir anything, more that I've only heard this since entering the rep game.
Probably they are all millionare who don't care to send several hundreds $ and get a DOA watch without caring... simply browsing for a new trash purchase.

Send items to China IS NOT risky.. it takes simply long time using standard registered post. There is the same unsuccess probability than any any country.

There are few simple rules to follow, the same rules that T.D. use to send their package to us.

Reactions: Hwypirate