• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Saying hi from Essex UK

dave buster

Looking Around
6/3/13
Hey people, my name is dave and I have just joined this site. Been a lover of watches since childhood as my father is an avid collector and it has rubbed off on me!

Owned a Breitling colt automatic, A Brietling Super Avenger Steel fish and an Omega planet ocean as well as a couple of vintage style Rado's. Have ended up selling them all over time due to family life changing, getting married, major surgery and other 'hurdles' in life and selling my watches was an easy way to get some quick cash.
I feel sick to my stomach for selling them at times but needs must and being relatively young I feel the need to have a few savings in the bank (or at least try to save some) rather than wear it all on my wrist!

Anywho, I recently Gathered many Genuine parts to start a Rolex Datejust Franken project only to sell them and put the money towards giving my wife the wedding ring she deserves.

So, with her fingers dripping in platinium and diamonds whilst I sport a humble 'tungsten' wedding band - its the meaning behind the ring anyway!
I have decided to now try and get myself a nice Rolex datejust project going...

The first time I started to gather peices for the project I managed to obtain A genuine 16000 case, case back, dial, crown, engine turned bezel,end links and crystal. I then bought a replica datejust from an online website for the movement, hands and datewheel but I messed the project up and gave up!

I have just started to collect some peices again - Starting with a beautiful silver stick marker dial in 10/10 excellent condition - just owning this has re-lit my spark and I am determined to complete and keep my build this time!

Can anyone recommend a good seller (pref uk) that I can purchase a mens 36mm datejust replica to start off by making a 'lite' project by changing the bezel, glass and dial to gen?

I hope to slowly collect all gen parts except movement hands ( I hear tudor hands work?) datewheel etc but it would be nice to have something that I can wear and enjoy sooner rather than keep a project in a drawer whilst patiently waiting for good finds - I seriously get so obsessed, I couldnt sleep at night last time I began the project and began obsessing badly about getting it finished!

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to let everyone know who I am and what I am hoping to achieve from becoming a member of the site. And to make some new friends who share the same obsession!

Cheers, Dave :howdy:

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Welcome to Rwi Dave, great 1st post bud

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk S???R?I?????

mike 8

Legendary Member
13/8/11
Welcome from New York Dave.
Glad to have you on board.

SSTEEL

Banned
Banned
30/1/13
Welcome aboard dave, nice intro. Check out our Trusted Dealers, and then look at their websites, but before pulling the trigger, email the dealers to find out they actually have stock of what you wish to purchase as the online stock indicators are not reliable.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Welcome to the forum mate.

Sounds like you've got the project planned out pretty well in your head. You can build a pretty good franken datejust pretty easily just by using gen parts and putting in an ETA with datewheel overlay and using some ETA spec hands. Quite a few people have done this.

Aldo69

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/12
Greetings from Scotland buddy.
Welcome to the nuthoose.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi Dave
Welcome to RWI from Spain
I hope to see you soon in PAM Section

Regards
ALE
PAM Section Moderator

jd01449

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/12
Greetings from essex............county NJ.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2