• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hi and Welcome to The Watch Garage [IMPORTANT INFORMATION PLEASE READ FIRST][UPDATED]

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
Hi and welcome to the new Marlin Watches (M Watches) section here on RWI,

I am happy to announce that I will now be offering my custom watch builds to RWI members. In the coming weeks I will post the different modded watches, I will post completed watches and make them available for immediate purchase. At this time I will not be taking orders on new watches I will only offer them as completed watches. I will however be doing watch upgrades to customer watches on a limited basis. The reason for this is whenever I make a queue available it quickly snowballs out of control and in some cases buyers have had to wait as long as a year for a watch. This adds a great deal of stress to both the buyer and to me, not to mention the toll on my family. This method will work much better the buyer gets their watch right away and I work with less stress.

I wanted to take the time to welcome and familiarize you with how Marlin Watches (M Watches) works. I proved 2 different services, the first is delivery of fully modded watches placed for sale in this section, and the second is modding service to your watch. I only specialize on the 6497 movement as it is to date the only movement that can be brought to look very close to the original without any obvious tells unlike the other movements. I use the best representation of the watch at the time as a base. I mainly mod watches with the display case backs , I look at is this way there is no sense in spending money on modding a movement when no one will ever see it, but this is only my take on it.

Watches to be upgraded are done so in the order they are placed on the upgrade modding list.

New members with 0 posts:

To order from me you must either be an established member of the one of the watch forums(rep, or gen.), have positive feedback or have more than 30 posts on one of the aforementioned forums. Brand new members with 0 posts will not be considered for builds until one of the above criteria is met.

Policy Update: Your good standing on eBay with 100% positive feedback with over 20 transactions will also qualify.

Policy Update: For the time being I have decided to discontinue the mandatory post and ebay requirements, however if there are any issues they will be reinstated.

New modded watch:

All new modded watches placed for sale here are available on a first come first serve basis. Watch must be paid in full before “SOLD” acknowledgement is placed on the sales post. Once the watch is sold the ad will be marked and no other watch will be available until another is built and ready for sale. There is no timeline on sales, and sales will be posted across all the forums I will have a section on.

Modding / Upgrading your watch:

I only do complete watch mods / upgrades, this means I do not just offer one mod (example just incabloc mod). Due to the variation of the same watch from different factories, when requested to mod your watch I will require pictures of your watch back and front. I will then give you an honest assessment of your watch and let you know if it is worth spending your hard earned money on updating it. I reserve the right to turn down any watch. All watches are modded / upgraded in the order they are placed on the modding list. Turnaround is usually 6-8 weeks from the date the watch is delivered to me. In some cases there may be delays due to chain supply delays, if this is the case you will be notified.

Payment methods and procedure:

If you decide to make mods / upgrades to your watch, full payment is not necessary. A 50% deposit is required to begin the process; the balance is due upon completion of the build. I use PayPal for the security of both parties, the only request I make is that no reference be made to replica, rep or anything that might flag the accounts. In the near future I hope to offer Bill-Me-Later by PayPal that will give customers extended payment services. All watches placed for sale on my sections must be paid in full.

Shipping:

Shipping is an additional cost that will be quoted for both domestic and international shipping. As always I cannot be responsible for any delays, loss, confiscation, damage, or duties to the package. I offer insurance for all packages at an additional fee, but that is up to the buyer to decide to accept or decline. All packages are shipped USPS priority in US or USPS Express EMS unless stated otherwise or requested differently. I only pass on the cost of shipping there is no handling charge or hidden cost. However the prices fluctuate and mainly increase. In the event of a price increase your shipping cost will reflect the price increase or decrease.

Limited Warranty:

Your new modded watch or modded / upgraded watch will come with a 60 day limited warranty on the mechanical movement only. No other part on the watch is covered by warranty. The mechanical warranty covers parts and labor on any defect resulting from faulty workmanship. Shipping charges are not covered by the warranty, you must pay to ship the watch to us, and we will pay the return. Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse, abuse, or water damage. The watch is considered water resistant not water proof, all seals have been greased but we are not the makers of the case so we cannot cover water damage. Warranty will start upon possession of the watch by buyer, and will end 60 days from that date.

If you have bought from me before you know I am a fair guy and I am always here to help so even after the warranty expires if something were to happen to the movement, contact me and I will do my best to help. Just please don't use the watch as a hammer to drive roofing nails or go deep sea diving and forget to secure the lever, I might not be able to help you then, but all kidding aside if the movement were to stop working, contact me and I'll do my best to help you out.

I personally build all the watches so depending on the volume of orders delivery time may vary, I will always do my best to keep you updated on your build and any changes to delivery time. I don't know how much volume this section will add to the work load, but I will keep everyone updated and if necessary will put a hold on builds until I catch up.

You can contact me by email at [email protected] or PM me on here.

When you email me directly you must please include your username and forum platform (example: marlin2284/RWI)

I am sure I have missed or forgotten to put something important down on here, so I will be updating this from time to time....

Lastly, I would like to take the time to thank the Admin, the RWI staff and the membership for the opportunity to serve the RWI members and hope to make everyone proud.

Sincerely,

Joe

Reactions: sully0007

granvino

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/4/11
J, one step forward -again- helping the community understand and appreciate what this hobby is all about. Thanks...!

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Congratulations on your new Section Marlin

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk S???R?I?????

Bigwaved

Known Member
13/3/13
Very nice. Congratulations. I am looking forward to your vintage work to take shape. Given the results so far, it should be top notch.

jahzorn

Looking Around
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/10/09
I've seen your craft and they are very impressive to say the least.

fedor33

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/13
Marlin modded watches are the most impressive as I have seen, absolutely top grand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

jackcfk

Known Member
9/9/13
Was looking thru all your posts and i'm flabbergasted. Hope to buy a pre-modded watch from you someday. Looking at the modded 375 :)

Gbazan79

Looking Around
28/12/13
Nice work marlin, I'm new to rwi and hope to one day purchase a modded watch from you.

bigjulie

Known Member
15/4/12
I have bought 2 watches from him and they are both amazing and he was super easy to work with!

proxyserv

29/3/12
I have bought 2 watches from him and they are both amazing and he was super easy to work with!

I too have ordered a watch from Marlin and I am so excited. Hope to hear from him soon once my build comes up.

v8fd3s

Known Member
27/2/14
just contacted marlin and i am super excited! thanks for this service and contribution to the community!

pam00111

Horology Curious
9/4/14
Hi Marlin, I'm really interested in mod pam111. I also have a noob that I would like to be modded as well. Could you please pm me with expected prices?
Regards!