• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help removing non-removable links from an Oyster bracelet

migvid

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/2/22
Hello there,

I'm looking for comments on removing non removable links from an oyster bracelet. I want to adjust a vintage 93150 oyster bracelet for my small wrist as the clasp does not get centered. It seems older models were made for bigger wrists. Anyway, so by reading i learned it's possible to remove non-removable links with tools. I got a special tool to remove the link and i did it. It worked.

The problem im facing right now is that the screw im using to connect the removable link with the non-removable one wont fit through the hole of the non-removable link still attached to the bracelet. It's kind of fat.

Does somebody know what kind of screw should i buy or use? i really dont want to go drilling.

Pictures here:

Comments are very appreciated.

silentelephant

27/11/16
Michigan, USA
I'm not an expert at this so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I'm pretty sure you are only supposed to remove the unremovable one right next to a removable one so they can still link together with the same pin and stuff that the removable uses to link to the unremovable....if that makes sense?

silentelephant

27/11/16
Michigan, USA
But also I can't tell from this pic which is removable and which is not so you might have done that, in which case completely ignore me

migvid

14/2/22
Thanks. That exactly what i removed. The first non-removable link next to the first removable link.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I believe what you were supposed to have done was removed two links and then reattached the last non-removable one so you had the correct center link and the screw would fit through. Basically you had to maintain that last non removable link to attach to the removable links

migvid

14/2/22
@Rx4Time I think you are absolutely right. The link i removed it has a hole where the screw fits. If i remove another non-removable link i guess i will be able to use. I may need to put the last one together may be with a hammer or something. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: Rx4Time

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
pic of the tool ?

migvid

14/2/22
@Rx4Time thanks it worked! So you really have to take two.

@Raddave here is a picture of the tool. They called it Oyster Link Removal Tool:

This was on the aftermarket bracelet. I will try it later on on the 93150 i want to mod.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
@Rx4Time thanks it worked! So you really have to take two.

@Raddave here is a picture of the tool. They called it Oyster Link Removal Tool:

This was on the aftermarket bracelet. I will try it later on on the 93150 i want to mod.
nice

Reactions: silentelephant

migvid

14/2/22
Update.
@Rx4Time So today i worked on the original bracelet and not the aftermarket. In this bracelet i just had to remove 1 link. In this bracelet the other non-removable link was ready to fit a screw. Basically i just needed 4 link on the left side of the bracelet.

Here the final work:

Reactions: Rx4Time