• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this a TD correct behavior? Another ugly story...

motomax

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/12
Hi all,

I wanted to know if there is a rule that when a TD refund my money (for a watch that has never had) I must also pay his fees...
I have paid my fees when I sent my money with Western Union, why he don't want pay his fees when he refund me with Paypal?

In this way I lost $ 40! The same old story with the little young members....
Nobody protects us....

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Strange indeed, perhaps fill in the entire story and tell us which dealer did this.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
If you are going to bring it up for discussion, a full story with as much details as possible should be told.

458spider

I'm Pretty Popular
2/3/13
ok we need a title, date, name / alias, content list, chapter outline, opening, content, conclusion, expectation, page number, and digital sign on MS Word.

D

d4m.test

Lesson learned, change the TD and move on. In the grand scheme of things the $40 is nothing. At least You´ve got the refund.
Seriously, just forget about it and choose the next one. With Toro or Intime You can pay via CC.

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
Lesson learned, change the TD and move on. In the grand scheme of things the $40 is nothing. At least You´ve got the refund.
Seriously, just forget about it and choose the next one. With Toro or Intime You can pay via CC.

I disagree. There's no reason why member should pay for TD fees when we all know that they are all yes men. Of course they will always say watch in stock (generally) and then later say that they can't find it but have other options for you.

OP,

so so you know, you are also wrong in your comment that new or little members get no help or get screwed over, you want help? Then post the whole story not just the bits that make you look like a victim. There is a reason why TDs are here for more than one day... Because they act accordingly.

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
I bet u a cookie he was refunded PP and not a gift. Quick cost him %15

but I would like to know the solution to this as it came up in the Chat Box today from another member

D

d4m.test

I disagree. There's no reason why member should pay for TD fees when we all know that they are all yes men. Of course they will always say watch in stock (generally) and then later say that they can't find it but have other options for you.

OP,

so so you know, you are also wrong in your comment that new or little members get no help or get screwed over, you want help? Then post the whole story not just the bits that make you look like a victim. There is a reason why TDs are here for more than one day... Because they act accordingly.

Yes, You´re right, I totally disagree with this behaviour, but it doesn´t change a thing 4me, 4You or for the OP, it just gets on the nerves but does not bring the money and lost time back.
So the best is to just move on and stick to TDs that do a full refund like the 2 I mentioned, simple.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I don't like the idea and never have of the bait and switch BS that goes on and has been going on for years. Buyers do as they should and contact the dealer asking about a certain watch, then get a quick response of yes yes yes its in stock send the funds now, only to find out days later so sorry no stock pick another watch. F that, if your asking for funds then you as a dealer need to get your shit straight and be sure you can provide the watch and if you can't you refund in full. A buyer losing and paying WU fees or PP fees is bullshit and I wouldn't accept that.

Post your full story, ya dope.

freeboy

Renowned Member
10/2/15
Well, some times we do need to protect the reputations of tds, Im not sure on this one though.. If a TD screwed me like this I would definately be calling up a mod here and complaining, although with no details we cannot be sure it was the TD... maybe watch failed in QA and its a judgement call, in that case I can see the fees going away..
My issue as well is either dis honesty, or not owning an issue that is obvious. Like a huge color error, and the drones oat a larger TD saying .. its your monitor.. WAT? like I dont know the difference between yellow and pink? lol
ok rant over
I do feel better though ! lol

Serously give us some more info, and maybe even get your fees refunded

Thehitman

RadDave’s Punching Bag
Supporter
Certified
25/3/15
Protect no one but yourself! Everything should be transparent to keep people honest. The truth will set you free!! Lol :p

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
Use Sead! He never pulls this bait and switch BS... You email him and he says yes or no. Then he will email you in a week or however long later when watch is in stock. Just did it with my noob v5 sub.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
If you paid WU, that's how I would expect the money to be paid back. Pay pal sucks. On the other hand maybe this is a misunderstanding. More than one staff handling it? Maybe write back and explain it in two sentences or less, politely and see what happens.

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
a $40 hit is big, too bad about that. a more comprehensive story would serve the community better, as others have pointed out, if you dont get a refund, put it behind you and change TDs. ive had my fair share of TD experiences, some good and some bad, any losses and i split it across my reps and take it into the cost of this hobby...

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Or get a store credit. Or split the difference. As I understand it, he paid WU and was refunded PayPal plus their fees. If the op is trying to recover WU fees as well, there is your 20 bux, walk away. Lol