• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help please is the a GF V4 Blackbird?

Relentless Penetration

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/1/17
Hi guys i bought a GF V4 blackbird from Trusty and i have received the below QC pictures, however the strap on it is the canvas strap that come with the V3 and not the rubber strap that comes with the V4 as show in the pictures on Trusty's site, link below, has anyone bought the V4 GF blackbird and does it normally come the the Breitling stamped rubber stamp?, i told Andrew at Trusty that the V4 should come with the Breitling stamped rubber strap but he assures me it is a GF V4, i also think the Bezel maker is not sitting correct, it look crooked opinions please, thanks,

Link to watch from trusty's site https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php...ducts_id=19643

jRhWKF.jpg

jRha9t.jpg

jRhis2.jpg

jRhoDE.jpg

Last edited:

onezero32

3/10/16
Australia
Mine came with a rubber strap, but I actually wanted the canvas strap... Paid extra to have it added. Either way your watch looks good from here!

Unknoun

Horology Curious
1/1/20
A year ago, I dealt with this issue when I received the same watch. I found a review where it was written that GF v 4 has a stamped stamp on the back of the case. In my case, there was no stamp, but there were stickers A and GF. The seller admitted that this is not a GF. In my opinion, they are not even titanium, but ordinary steel, judging by the weight. They look exactly the same as in your photos. Where and what mark should be I do not remember. Ask for the weight of the watch. The strap was rubber. But it doesn't matter as you can see.

ron99

18/10/10
ES + NL
I was looking seriously at this watch at TT but after reading this thread I have serious doubts.
Was there no further outcome on your issue?

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk Pro

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
A year ago, I dealt with this issue when I received the same watch. I found a review where it was written that GF v 4 has a stamped stamp on the back of the case. In my case, there was no stamp, but there were stickers A and GF. The seller admitted that this is not a GF. In my opinion, they are not even titanium, but ordinary steel, judging by the weight. They look exactly the same as in your photos. Where and what mark should be I do not remember. Ask for the weight of the watch. The strap was rubber. But it doesn't matter as you can see.

The only Titanium watch is the Breitling Bandit by GF, model E13383. Some other makers use steel with a DLC coating to make it look like Ti.

Reactions: ron99

korky7

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/2/09
I could be wrong but that could be a zf