• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello...

GMG1968

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
14/11/22
Uk
Afternoon all and just wanted to say hello...

I own several watches, none of particular note:

Genuine Omega Seamaster Professional Sword Hands
Very clean Enicar day date President Ocean Pearl with the day at the top of the dial
Honda F1_Seiko , early edition
Early Seiko Pepsi kinetic
First Animal Chronograph (black edition) really nice actually
Wife has a ladies Omega Seamaster Sword Hands...I bought a matching pair...she has hammered it!!!

Tbh I have joined as I wish to buy my first replica and guess which one? The omni present Sub in black! Sorry !!

Anyways nice to meet you all...take care Giles

Reactions: P..DR..D

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
party GIF

GMG1968

Banned
14/11/22
Uk
Thanks buddy...my son has a decent collection and has just spent thousands buying all of the necessary watch repair equipment...including a lovely old watch parts bath cleaning machine...he is a very capable engineer who loves watches!

Reactions: g00n

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Welcome aboard Giles,

None of note??
I bet they all tell a story, so congrats on your collection so far, be proud 🙏

And don't be shy about sharing pics, we won't bite ;)

Best of luck with your future purchase(s) and I added a plural because my bet is ya won't stop at one, it's a fun rabbit hole ;)

Enjoy exploring the forum & any q's feel free to ask either publicly or via PM (if I don't know will do my best to point ya in the right direction)

Have fun,

☘️

GMG1968

Banned
14/11/22
Uk
Welcome aboard Giles,

None of note??
I bet they all tell a story, so congrats on your collection so far, be proud 🙏

And don't be shy about sharing pics, we won't bite ;)

Best of luck with your future purchase(s) and I added a plural because my bet is ya won't stop at one, it's a fun rabbit hole ;)

Enjoy exploring the forum & any q's feel free to ask either publicly or via PM (if I don't know will do my best to point ya in the right direction)

Have fun,

☘️
Thanks kindly...appreciate the warm welcome and I have made a few offers on EU located watches for sale but have been warned about risks which tbh ( as a newbie) I don't understand? Customs??

...take care Giles

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Thanks kindly...appreciate the warm welcome and I have made a few offers on EU located watches for sale but have been warned about risks which tbh ( as a newbie) I don't understand? Customs??

...take care Giles
Generally in M2M all risks are on the buyer, so spend what you can afford to lose, that should be at the back of your mind.

Discuss with the seller the shipping method, if insurance is possible etc & what value to put on the postal form.

While the vast vast majority of sales go off without a hitch, issues can happen in transit (lost / damaged / stolen etc. ) so never say never.

Within the EU it's generally fine, but I recall (and can't remember exactly) reading about some countries where the postal services can 'misplace' items ;)

You always need to look at the sellers location, some will restrict to their country (example being UK/AUS etc), some will say EU, some will ship WW etc. And then you decide whether you think customs will be an issue or a tax bill, for you.

For example I am EU, and lately nearly all NonEU (incl UK) parcels have resulted in small customs bills for me when they arrive. Most sellers will, if you ask, declare a small amount to reduce this, but factor the possibility of a small bill (may / may not happen).

This is re M2M, TDs have their own tricks to fly under the radar ;)

The below are 2 excellent articles that should be read:

And post #2 here:

GMG1968

Banned
14/11/22
Uk
Generally in M2M all risks are on the buyer, so spend what you can afford to lose, that should be at the back of your mind.

Discuss with the seller the shipping method, if insurance is possible etc & what value to put on the postal form.

While the vast vast majority of sales go off without a hitch, issues can happen in transit (lost / damaged / stolen etc. ) so never say never.

Within the EU it's generally fine, but I recall (and can't remember exactly) reading about some countries where the postal services can 'misplace' items ;)

You always need to look at the sellers location, some will restrict to their country (example being UK/AUS etc), some will say EU, some will ship WW etc. And then you decide whether you think customs will be an issue or a tax bill, for you.

For example I am EU, and lately nearly all NonEU (incl UK) parcels have resulted in small customs bills for me when they arrive. Most sellers will, if you ask, declare a small amount to reduce this, but factor the possibility of a small bill (may / may not happen).

This is re M2M, TDs have their own tricks to fly under the radar ;)

The below are 2 excellent articles that should be read:

And post #2 here:

Thanks kindly for this detailed explanation...I'll look at the TDs ...Take care Giles

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Very welcome Giles.

Its not as hazardous as I've made out, nowhere near it, just wanted to point out the risks etc.

Regarding TDs, read the reviews and decide based on your research.

Check their shipping costs and also their policy on first order refund/replace (in the case of lost/stolen) as not all offer this.

Use only the website / contact information available at their forum page (do not google them as scammers have replicated their pages)

Best of luck, take your time and enjoy the rabbit hole.

Last edited: