• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New improved 232 from Davidsen

shadowplay

Known Member
22/4/07
First Post

Arrived today new 232 (brown dial) First impressions are really good.

Sorry about the pic quality as only taken with K800i sony phone as I left my camera in France. Yes I am aware they are poor and I live in a world of reflections but thought them still worth posting. The dial colour is similar to a quality milk chocolate, with an almost purple richness. The strap is a Papaya MP XI, which is ok but in my opinion not all it is cracked up to be.

Transaction was painless and David was nice enough to send me a rather nice OP keyring too. I have a fiddy on order too and might dive in and get a 082 titanium.

I cannot comment on accuracy to the genuine, all I can say is I popped into a Scottish Watches of Switzerland at lunchtime and they 'Clocked' the watch, which I was hiding up my raincoat sleeve and they were complimentary. Though the assistant asked me about the Tricker's shoes I was wearing before he saw the watch I was wearing, so his impressions of me were set before seeing the watch. I understand that WOS are not in general watch enthusiasts but shop assistants, though it's still worth recounting.

I also own a base dial 44mm luminor and I am not sure it is significantly better finished, what I can say is that I would be surprised if it was less reliable - the Luminor as been very inaccurate and Panerai's customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I have had the 232 on for a few hours and it's timekeeping seems dead on.

I have never bought any replica goods and the top end brands I appreciate tend to be at the stealthy end of design and I am happy to pay for them becuse a) they are not copied and b) I appreciate and support the designers. However my experience with Panerai and with complacent french and italian brands in general has somewhat soured over the years.

Can I also take this opportunity to thank all the posters on this board for all the freely given knowledge and insight.

shadowplay

Known Member
22/4/07
First Post

Arrived today new 232 (brown dial) First impressions are really good.

Sorry about the pic quality as only taken with K800i sony phone as I left my camera in France. Yes I am aware they are poor and I live in a world of reflections but thought them still worth posting. The dial colour is similar to a quality milk chocolate, with an almost purple richness. The strap is a Papaya MP XI, which is ok but in my opinion not all it is cracked up to be.

Transaction was painless and David was nice enough to send me a rather nice OP keyring too. I have a fiddy on order too and might dive in and get a 082 titanium.

I cannot comment on accuracy to the genuine, all I can say is I popped into a Scottish Watches of Switzerland at lunchtime and they 'Clocked' the watch, which I was hiding up my raincoat sleeve and they were complimentary. Though the assistant asked me about the Tricker's shoes I was wearing before he saw the watch I was wearing, so his impressions of me were set before seeing the watch. I understand that WOS are not in general watch enthusiasts but shop assistants, though it's still worth recounting.

I also own a base dial 44mm luminor and I am not sure it is significantly better finished, what I can say is that I would be surprised if it was less reliable - the Luminor as been very inaccurate and Panerai's customer service leaves a lot to be desired. I have had the 232 on for a few hours and it's timekeeping seems dead on.

I have never bought any replica goods and the top end brands I appreciate tend to be at the stealthy end of design and I am happy to pay for them becuse a) they are not copied and b) I appreciate and support the designers. However my experience with Panerai and with complacent french and italian brands in general has somewhat soured over the years.

Can I also take this opportunity to thank all the posters on this board for all the freely given knowledge and insight.

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
Looks very nice indeed. Congrats to you. I have the 232 also but with a black dial. You did well.

dukas

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/1/07
Good choice..definitely. Look great...wear it well.... :D :D

brwnrice

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/07
Very nice indeed. The strap is equally amazing. So jealous right now.

shadowplay

Known Member
22/4/07
Thanks for the kind words. I would never have bought this watch if it wasn't for all the insight and expertise of forum members. I am particularly indebted to the strap resources on the site - I was clueless. I must also revise opinion on the MP strap, as it seems to be coming alive as I wear it.

I'm very pleased with the watch and it glows like Bikini Atoll.

Sylar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/1/07
Very nice piece, this color of dial is growing on me. Must resist the force of the Pams.