• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just got a 7753 in the mail. Is this normal? Please Help

boston

7/5/06
I just recieved a 7753 movement. The 3 and 6 subdials both have tempoary hands on them, but the 9 subdial does not. Also the 9 subdial seems shorter. Is this normal? I have attached some pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Looks normal to me. Usually movements will come with a complete set of hands, but other than that it looks good. Throw a subdial hand on the 9:00 dial, just to make sure the seconds are running okay.

Camris

Known Member
21/5/07
I too think it looks fine. The post at the 9 o'clock dosen't look bent or damaged from the photo. I have recevied mov'ts from the factories which have not had a full set of dummy hands. I agree you should test the funtions and make sure everything is up to snuff .

Just wondering where you order it from?

Calix

D

d4m.test

looks normal. when you remove the other 2 hands they should all be the same height posts.

boston

7/5/06
Thanks for your help guys. I bought it on RWG from Discovery for $610. I am attempting to put together a 196 project, but it is starting to get expensive and the parts (datewheel, CG) are proving to be rather elusive. I may just end up selling my parts and calling it a day. In any event, i appreciate your help.

Thanks!

beano2004

Known Member
12/11/06
the movement looks fine.,. dont sell you will regret it trust me. The project you are working on once completed will be a keeper... these types of projects take time to develop, trust me i have been working on my pam196 project for 8 months now, so i know the frustration you are going thru. If you ask anybody these types of projects tend to take time to find the items you are looking for but once you complete it the satisfaction out weights the wait.

Bean

dtan888

Renowned Member
3/1/07
Movement looks good.. nothings wrong with it..
I am just surprised with the price tag... Enjoy your project.. be patience.. it takes time..

Dan

boston

7/5/06
LegendOfSpeed said:
was it just the movement for $610 or was there something else included too?

No just the movement. I now realize that I overpaid by about $100.00. The seller states that the higher price is due to the decoration on the movement. In retrospect, I would have rather paid a $100.00 less for a nondecorated movement. With that said, it does look very nice and I am sure I will forget all about the $100 once the project is finished. I have wanted an accurate 196 for a long time now.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
With the general shortage of 7753 movements and the oncoming drought of ETA hang on to that movement if you don't do your 196 project... you'll make your money back plus some spare if you hang onto it for a year or two.

And if you get the 196 up and running... post some pics... I'd love to see the end results.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
I'm going down that road right now. Trying to find an upgraded datewheel for the 7753 at the moment. That is not an easy task, BTW.

If anyone has a spare lying about, let me know! :wink: