• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Josh's 112

red

Known Member
1/1/07
What do you guys know, or think of Josh's 112? They range between 250-400. I was thinking of the $400, but wanted to know your opinions before I bite the bullet.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
$400 for a watch that will need a relume and cannon pin fix seems a bit pricey. Plus the regulator should be dagger style, not needle style.

I'd go with the $250 version with the glued-on engraved plates, personally. The plates are a bit cheesier, but anyone who looks at the back of the watch will know it's fake, anyway...

erdoc

Known Member
29/11/06
I agree with hooligan. You have a good starting point with a Josh or Andrew base PAM but will need to relume and cannon pin fix at a minimum to have a PAM rep close to gen. If you don't care about those issues and really have to have a swiss movement then it's worth considering I guess. Otherwise, go with the cheaper swiss or asian movement and spend the money on mods.

red

Known Member
1/1/07
thanks for responses. how does the dial look? i am leaning towards the cheaper model, and getting the relume and cannon fixed.

JOEJOEJOE

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/06
red said:
thanks for responses. how does the dial look? i am leaning towards the cheaper model, and getting the relume and cannon fixed.

There are two different dials for 112 - Painted markers and Sandwich. In my opinion, painted dials are more accurate (with "L SWISS L"), but the sandwich dials do look more modern and expensive. Sandwich dial has some flaws though, such as "L SWISS MADE L" being too close to "6" and I hear that the sandwich effect is a bit different from gen too.

Joe