• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Has anyone heard from Crocodile (Jeremy)

exelonman

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/10
Has anyone heard from Jeremy at Primestraps

I sent him payment for a custom strap over 3 weeks ago....never received any more information. I have sent him 3 emails asking about delivery with no response. I finally resorted to filing a PayPal complaint.....

Anyone help?

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
You should always go to mods before filing paypal disputes on these forums...

Custom straps take time!

:spank:

Chris v.

I'm Pretty Popular
19/5/12
not the right thing to do, as Bronzy stated, custom straps take time, and always go to a mod before going through with a PP dispute :facepalm:

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Have you tried sending him a PM?

Perhaps he has responded to your emails. Check your Spam folder, soemtimes they end up there.

Also, filing A PP dispute is never they way to go. Contact a MOD and ask for some help.

exelonman

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/10
I agree that filing a pp dispute is not the first option. I sent him THREE emails over different days and I get no reply. Yes, I have checked my spam to make sure. I was not looking to be chastised over filing a pp dispute. I was asking if anyone has heard from him. I guess I'll keep to myself from here on.....

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
I agree that filing a pp dispute is not the first option. I sent him THREE emails over different days and I get no reply. Yes, I have checked my spam to make sure. I was not looking to be chastised over filing a pp dispute. I was asking if anyone has heard from him. I guess I'll keep to myself from here on.....

Chastisng was not the intent. It's always best, to contact a Mod. They can be very helpful with the resolution of your issue.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09

3 emails? Really? Wow, that's a ton.........

Did you check HIS spam filter? Guess not......

I wasn't looking to get a cavity search last time I went through security at the airport and mentioned the pistol in my pocket may have been the reason the metal detector went off.........

Do you want me to contact a Mod for you?

Keep to yourself from now on.......single tear. Common man, relax. :picard:

trandy16

I'm Pretty Popular
24/1/08
I respectfully disagree.

Three weeks with no contact is a long time IMO.

It only takes a minute to acknowledge the receipt of the customer's payment...and to let him know how long it's going to be before he can expect the strap to be shipped.

That's just basic "good business".

This is not about how long it will take to deliver the strap....rather just a general acknowledgment of funds received, etc.

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
We're not saying you shouldn't get what you paid for mate, we're just saying that there is a certain protocol on these forums and paypal disputes are taken very seriously.

I wasn't trying to flame you, so please accept my apology if it sounded that way. As a strap maker myself, it can be tough giving pictures and updates for every order that someone has with you, and I'm just on a small small scale.

Filing a dispute on a custom strap is very harsh though; think about it, it is a strap designed just for you. You have 45 days to file a paypal dispute if anything went south after contacting mods (and even then I'm sure an agreement would be reached before that step needed to be taken). We're just letting you know what standard protocol is around here, and of course, it is not your fault if you didn't know, all we can do is let you know.

Best of luck and I hope that Jeremy gets back to you soon. (as a side note, I hope that all is well with Jeremy, sometimes life/things happen that are out of our control)

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
You did WHAT? :picard:

Why would you do such a thing? You have made no contact with the mods and yet you file a dispute with PP? You will cancel the dispute immediately and then we will assist you in contacting Prime Straps.

Delete the thread? No way, you made your bed so you can lie in it. BTW, the chances are that no dealer will sell you anything now, this has been talked about in the Dealer's Lounge and you will be on the blacklist as a result. I doubt you will find many members willing to take a chance dealing with you either. It may be best if you find a new hobby mate.

exelonman

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/10
I apologize that i have broken "protocol".

If you feel that way, please remove me from the member list. Thank you.

FYI, I have numerous flawless transactions with most of the dealers here along with 4 other custom strap makers.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Well if you want any more cease the PP dispute now. If you do not I will ensure you are banned at all the rep fora and your details circulated to all the trusted dealers to ensure you are unable to purchase from any of them.

You have been here long enough to know better, if there is a problem (and I don't see one here TBH) you contact a sales mod and they help sort it out, not Pay Pal.

exelonman

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/10
Pp dispute has been closed.

FYI, his website (Primestraps.com) is no longer in business and he did not even reply to my pp dispute. I had hoped that would spark his attention. I guess not?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Good. Now, please take out a support ticket at The RWI Help Desk here: http://www.lastplaneout.biz/helpdesk/ and a sales moderator will contact Croc on your behalf. We will find out what has gone on and get a resolution for you.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Jeremy was always very prompt and helpful. He made 3 or 4 custom straps for me with nothing but great service.
I hope he's ok. This sounds like something's definitely wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
Pp dispute has been closed.

FYI, his website (Primestraps.com) is no longer in business and he did not even reply to my pp dispute. I had hoped that would spark his attention. I guess not?

Glad to see you've dropped the dispute mate, trailboss and his staff are the best at this stuff

D

d4m.test

Yikes! I know it seems like everyone's being harsh OP, but from what I've seen the mods and admins can do a lot to help in these situations. Filing a PP dispute is like vigilante justice, when you should be doing it properly and calling the police (mods) instead.

05tbowner

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/9/10
I have dealt with Croc for a while. He's made a ton of custom straps for me. It does take him a while to make them, but there custom, and well worth the wait!

I recently asked him to make me a custom strap, maybe a month or so back, and he said sure! I was then banned from buying and selling, so I am unable to PM anyone, otherwise I would have PM'd a mod. I sent an email or two to him after I paid for it and haven't heard back. I'm not concerned about the strap or my money, I'm more worried about Jeremy!

He sent me a picture of the strap completed, so I know he actually made it, but I really do think something must of happened. I hope not, though.