• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Guide on Genuine Dial Swap

memoismemo

Horology Curious
29/10/19
Yesss..
I also need information to dial swap datejust 31mm..

Is there any way to do??

nautilus1956

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/18
Hi, this is a question about gen Rolex, I was wondering if somebody can help me out.

I want to create a custom enamel dial for a new Rolex. The problem is that the enamel dial is much thicker than the original one, around 1mm. The enamel dial will not have a calendar window, so the calendar parts can be removed. Does somebody know if I can use Datejust for this? Is there a Rolex in the current collection which can take a 1mm thick dial with no case modification? Somebody told me that Milgauss can. Thank you in advance.

John1

Known Member
20/10/15
Hi, this is a question about gen Rolex, I was wondering if somebody can help me out.

I want to create a custom enamel dial for a new Rolex. The problem is that the enamel dial is much thicker than the original one, around 1mm. The enamel dial will not have a calendar window, so the calendar parts can be removed. Does somebody know if I can use Datejust for this? Is there a Rolex in the current collection which can take a 1mm thick dial with no case modification? Somebody told me that Milgauss can. Thank you in advance.

How are you going to make the hands fit with a thicker dial?

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
Hopefully someone has run into this issue before me and can shed some light on it.

I have a VC drivers watch and a gen dial and want to do a dial swap. The problem is that the sec@3 pinion isn't 100% aligned between the dials. It is like 0.7mm off. See pics. What are my options?
legend
slaughterer62

Tagging some people with experience here.

GuillermoUgarte

Known Member
21/4/21
California for now
ZENITH EL PRIMERO: Anyone have experience on finding a chronometer case with (preferably old-school piston) pushers to be a perfect fit for a gen 36.5mm Zenith El Primero chronometer dial with subregisters at 3 and 9? And which Asian automatic movement would work for such a dial that to further complicate matters has a date window at 4:30?