• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Stuck date wheel - school me!

F430

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/16
GMT Pepsi. Love this watch.

Had it but two days, and while flying into a different time zone I decided to set the time.
Pulled the crown out to different positions, and found which was for the red hand, jumped it where I wanted it, but not before accidentally changing the date.

No sweat, while spinning the dates around to correct, it got stuck between the 8 and 9.

It won't budge.

Things I've tried:

1) Move hands 24 hours until hear "click" passing midnight but date does not move

2) date position on crown won't move date, I am too scared to turn harder it may break

3) leaving overnight date does not change

What did I do wrong?
Any tips how to fix?

9be10d4ebde86967a96ce2df6ba8b135.jpg

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
Your datewheel overlay popped off or worse the entire date wheel popped off. Can't fix it unless you tear it down.

F430

6/12/16
Your datewheel overlay popped off or worse the entire date wheel popped off. Can't fix it unless you tear it down.

Thank you
Was is something I did wrong? Or just the fact it's a rep?

Do I
1) buy tools and dive into this hobby
2) take it to a local shop to fix

yodog

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
2/9/11
In my parent's basement
Your going to mess something up. Since this is a relatively new watch, I say take it to a shop. Be careful of shops though, some aren't really welcome to reps and may charge you up the yingyang to do this. I say you hit up a repairman on the boards, look around.

F430

6/12/16
Your going to mess something up. Since this is a relatively new watch, I say take it to a shop. Be careful of shops though, some aren't really welcome to reps and may charge you up the yingyang to do this. I say you hit up a repairman on the boards, look around.

Thank you
I searched the tech section and found a local-ish rep friendly shop. I'll give them a call.
:)

F430

6/12/16
my TD has offered replacement when I asked how to fix - so I think am going to just do that as long as they let me ship to them DHL or something quick.
Thank you everyone!

F430

6/12/16
So I had time to mail it today.
Fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F430

6/12/16
Yup
Just found out their post office is on holiday until Feb 9 or some such :)
I'll forget about it and it will be a nice surprise later in the year ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk