• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another replica spotted on ebay....

n0yxl

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/10/10
Apparently he found this post, because he is asking me to delete it! LOL

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Well someone bought it for $350. At least they did not get ripped off too badly, unless they expected a gen.

jmss

Renowned Member
25/5/16
That is very not cool. Thats a big problem... intentional fraud...should not be allowed any sale privileges . Demonstrated as untrustworthy.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Hold on. A member of RWI intentionally sold a rep / passing it as a Gen on EBay???

How does everyone feel about that?

That is very not cool. Thats a big problem... intentional fraud...should not be allowed any sale privileges . Demonstrated as untrustworthy.

We all have the same opinion on that.. and I'm sure it'll get taken care of. They usually do... we do not tolerate this kind of behavior here.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11

n0yxl

14/10/10
I messaged the seller on eBay, asking him to remove the item. He basically responded with a "mind your own business" attitude. I replied back that it was shameful what he was doing, and mentioned to him that I reported his watch as counterfeit to ebay. He responded back that I was wasting my time, and mentioned this post that I made here.

What is really concerning to me is eBay's lack of proper screening methods for items with a high value which can obviously be made counterfeit so easily. I don't have any issues with buying/selling reps, as long is there is complete transparency between both parties involved. I HATE seeing people try to intentionally screw people over just for their own benefit.

n0yxl

14/10/10
who is asking you to delete it ?

I messaged the seller on eBay, asking him to remove the item. He basically responded with a "mind your own business" attitude. I replied back that it was shameful what he was doing, and mentioned to him that I reported his watch as counterfeit to ebay. He responded back that I was wasting my time, and mentioned this post that I made here.

What is really concerning to me is eBay's lack of proper screening methods for items with a high value which can obviously be made counterfeit so easily. I don't have any issues with buying/selling reps, as long is there is complete transparency between both parties involved. I HATE seeing people try to intentionally screw people over just for their own benefit.

DrJohnWatsonJr

Supporter-*NOOB FRIENDLY*
Supporter
27/12/16

This is just some shady skirting through the shadows. Passing a rep off as gen when selling it to someone is a terrible terrible thing. Shame!

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
So where in there listing did they claim it to be a Gen?

He didn't, but it makes no difference. He uses the old "got it as a gift" explanation and clearly knows it's a rep. I say find the guy and ban him.

DrJohnWatsonJr

Supporter-*NOOB FRIENDLY*
Supporter
27/12/16
Without more info from OP or the poster messing up, it's going to be a little difficult to figure out who exactly is trying to lie and cheat to get by in the world.