• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GUG REVIEW #2 - Steinhart Nav B-Uhr

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
I bought a Nav B off one of the SoCal guys last week... and it's going to stay permanently in my watchbox...

I learned about this watch through meeting jake48 and thank him for showing me this great watch.... it's a watchlovers watch for sure and I highly encourage everyone to try it out....

iwc101

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/08
Thank you so much for this post Jake! (what a fantastic read. I also saw the post with you wife's watch. Both your watches looks amazing, so big congrats to you both :D )

I'm just about to place an order from Günter, but I can't make up my mind on which one I should choose.

Here are the two I'm looking at;
http://www.steinhartwatches.de/index.php?id=67&artnr=13&Sel_ID=18#13 (STEINHART "Nav B-watch stainless steel" 47mm)
and
http://www.steinhartwatches.de/index.php?id=67&artnr=120&Sel_ID=18 (STEINHART "Nav B-Uhr II 44 mm automatic")

If I shall pic a favorite, I would go for the Nav B-watch 47mm. My only concern though, is if it might be to big for my wrist. Wrist size is around 17cm - which is equal to 6,7"

Any thoughts on this from you guys who have picked up any of these wonderful watches? Do you think I can wear the 47mm without it looking to crazy together with my rather small wrist? Any thoughts on this would be most appreciated!

Cheers

BlueRod37

8/5/09
i'm so going to buy one of these in the next months...

maybe going directly to germany to collect her

slay

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
28/3/09
Is true that the crown diggs in your wrist with the Steinharts?

Mr.Majestyk

15/2/08
G'Day Jake48
I've recently discoverd these BPs from Steinhart & they look awesome!
Thanks for your post, even though over a year old...
Been seriously "investigating" these as an alternative to an Asian Mvnt IWC-BP5004 or a PANERAI "CALI"249 or PAN 232 as my next watch.
Seem to be great value for money & am most interested in the larger "sweeping" seconds hand as opposed to the subdial version of the 6497 Mvnt......
Thanks again!
M*M

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
Mr.Majestyk said:
G'Day Jake48
I've recently discoverd these BPs from Steinhart & they look awesome!
Thanks for your post, even though over a year old...
Been seriously "investigating" these as an alternative to an Asian Mvnt IWC-BP5004 or a PANERAI "CALI"249 or PAN 232 as my next watch.
Seem to be great value for money & am most interested in the larger "sweeping" seconds hand as opposed to the subdial version of the 6497 Mvnt......
Thanks again!
M*M

M M

Still one of my favorites and it by far, get's the largest number of compliments form strangers who notice the watch as compared to the many Gens and reps I wear out from my collection.

Since i bought mine at least four close friends of mine have bought the watch too and there experiences are similiar to mine. For some reason people really like the watch as it looks on the wrist. You will love that watch and always have a smile on your face when you wear it - I promise...

BS

14/4/09
44mm B-Pilot delivered

Gunter really pulled one off. We had been going back and forth via email, I wanted the manual driven Unitas but with the Premium case (polished bezel), and diamond crown, tan/brown strap. I was trying to match the strap that Jake48 had but can't quite get it, I'd love some help on that if possible. Anyway, I ordered the watch on Sunday so he got the order Monday morning. The watch was built by Wednesday, he sent me pictures when done. Then I started 2nd guessing my choice of tan/brown or just going with black. Gunter solved my problem by adding a black buffalo strap for free, he even sent me the tool to change the strap when I wanted. TALK ABOUT SERVICE !!! I got a FedEx tracking number early Thursday stating that it would be delivered by 10:30am the following day, Friday. I'm thinking NO WAY !!! -- Guess what, the truck pulled up @ 10:22 am with my gorgeous watch. Germany to Raleigh NC USA area in 24 hours including customs clearing. In fact the funny thing is, I also order the wife a new Blackberry on Thursday, peace offering for spending more $ on watches, and the watch got here on Friday before the phone did from Tennessee, about a 4 hour drive from here.

Gunter has a really nice line of watches, I'm looking @ the 44mm chrono for a future purchase. Take a look @ his watches I'm sure you'll find that they are all top quality for a reasonable price, and the service is 2nd to none. You will not be sorry.

I'd appreciate it if Jake48 could fill me in on the strap he chose.

I know, pictures are required, but the camera is out of town with the wife.

Thanks for reading

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
Gunter really pulled one off. We had been going back and forth via email, I wanted the manual driven Unitas but with the Premium case (polished bezel), and diamond crown, tan/brown strap. I was trying to match the strap that Jake48 had but can't quite get it, I'd love some help on that if possible. Anyway, I ordered the watch on Sunday so he got the order Monday morning. The watch was built by Wednesday, he sent me pictures when done. Then I started 2nd guessing my choice of tan/brown or just going with black. Gunter solved my problem by adding a black buffalo strap for free, he even sent me the tool to change the strap when I wanted. TALK ABOUT SERVICE !!! I got a FedEx tracking number early Thursday stating that it would be delivered by 10:30am the following day, Friday. I'm thinking NO WAY !!! -- Guess what, the truck pulled up @ 10:22 am with my gorgeous watch. Germany to Raleigh NC USA area in 24 hours including customs clearing. In fact the funny thing is, I also order the wife a new Blackberry on Thursday, peace offering for spending more $ on watches, and the watch got here on Friday before the phone did from Tennessee, about a 4 hour drive from here.

Gunter has a really nice line of watches, I'm looking @ the 44mm chrono for a future purchase. Take a look @ his watches I'm sure you'll find that they are all top quality for a reasonable price, and the service is 2nd to none. You will not be sorry.

I'd appreciate it if Jake48 could fill me in on the strap he chose.

I know, pictures are required, but the camera is out of town with the wife.

Thanks for reading

Have been busy - no excuse for not checking in, but better late than never - I guees!1

I also realized I never posted pictures of the 1 of 1 watch Gunter made for my wife so I updated the first post too...

This is the strap he put on the watch per my request.

1717086120havana_oldvintage.jpg

Because the strap he sold me (The Havana Old) was considerably lighter in color than the strap I wanted, I used a little leather oil and brown dye to darken it to the shade of brown I wanted.

qickdraw

15/7/14
Reviving an old thread, just to add comment/brag about my Steinhart Nav B-Uhr Bronzo that I picked up a few weeks ago.
I absolutely love this watch! Being an aviation nut (3rd generation military aviator) the look and history behind these watches holds a special place in my heart.
Since receiving the Steinie it has pretty much not left my wrist - there is nothing I don't like about this watch!
It was a 2nd hand purchase, and so already has a gorgeous patina about it. This is just another plus, as I am also a bronze/brass addict.
The strap is amazing also. Soft and supple, yet somehow firm and solid at the same time. Equal or superior to many products in MUCH higher price brackets.
For the $ you pay for one of these I can unequivocally say they are the best value around. I have a strange feeling that this will not be my last Steinhart, and given the OPs story I might just contact Gunther to see about a visit next time I pass through DE.
Well done Gunther for your dedication to the art - and well done to everyone who owns a Steinhart for supporting him.
I will try to get some pics up soon.
Cheers,
Stu

liq2

Known Member
4/12/16
This was really my first step into pilot watches. Its also the only watch that I have every cracked a sapphire. Anyone else have that happen to them? Could have been me being me in my wild youth, but seems odd. otherwise I've loved every minute of the watch, just wondering if others have had the same thing happen?

FarewellFire

27/10/17
Chiming in here, just about ten years late - such a great story and it definitely has made my admiration of Steinhart as a company grow. Being a pilot I guess that I really should get a pilot watch and stop wearing divers, right? =)

xray7

Renowned Member
1/4/18
Old Dart
Had a business relationship stayed the course a few years ago, myself and my intended business associate would've likewise gone to meet with Gunther for some photos, or at the bare minimum, gone to their premises in Germany.

If you want a gen watch and don't want to spend big money, you could do a great deal worse than the Steinharts. There are three in my household these days, one being the better half's first Swiss made watch.

Genuine Wrist

9/7/19
Rather a late comment here, but just got my first Steinhart (Ocean 44 GMT BLACK Ceramic) and it is quite simply awesome, in terms of quality. Planning on my second.....